Free Member
Jan 14, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido
Exp
since 2006
Been away for a few days, just using gas, returned home and our Dometic RMD 8505 will not turn off the control panel, as the little blue and red squares are constantly flashing.
when you push the main on/off button on the panel for 3 secs the panel switches off and then comes to life again.
Have tried pulling all the fuses on the main board , but it still won’t power down. Have turned off the main trip and controller above the door, fridge pane still blinking.

has anyone got any other ideas....

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Possibly disconnect the leisure battery for a few minutes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Does the lcd screen, gas auto etc have all segments working?
We had a few segments not working and could not turn fridge off.
Reseated ribbon cable on the pcb at rear of fridge through bottom vent.
Faults cleared.
Van was new to us and 12monthes old.

OP
OP
DINGER

DINGER

Free Member
Jan 14, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido
Exp
since 2006
Ok up date......took the bottom fridge vent off and disconnected the 12v & 240 v feeds.....lights went out hoorah(y)
reconnected and 10 minutes......lights back on.......booooooooo (n)(n)

will leave disconnected over night to save any drain. Re run the experiment tomorrow.

will also look for any fuses that supply the fridge.

The plot thickens

OP
OP
DINGER

DINGER

Free Member
Jan 14, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido
Exp
since 2006
Ok people...have taken the front panel off the fridge then took off the ribbon connector off that.....left Iraq while and reconnected, no good.

The unit still works fine on 12v ,240 v and gas but when you want to lay the van up it is still flashing the blue & red square on the left.

OP
OP
DINGER

DINGER

Free Member
Jan 14, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido
Exp
since 2006
Up date ...took the front panel off the fridge today, checked the connections, took the ribbon cable off , put it back on , powered up and still the same problem.

somebody more savvy than me on the fridge front reckons it’s a new front PCB or rear one that is at the rear of the fridge....

now the million dollar quedition what unit is the faulty one ?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
DINGER Did you resolve this as I have the same issue.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Try unplugging the 3 pin X115 connector off the board on the rear of the fridge/freezer if everything else is working as it should. It's accessible through the outside lower fridge vent and under the black plastic cover. Unhook the EHU beforehand. You'll need to rely on the digital display behind the fridge door but at least it should stop the blue/red lights flashing.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Try unplugging the 3 pin X115 connector off the board on the rear of the fridge/freezer if everything else is working as it should. It's accessible through the outside lower fridge vent and under the black plastic cover. Unhook the EHU beforehand. You'll need to rely on the digital display behind the fridge door but at least it should stop the blue/red lights flashing.
Cheers, will give that a go when back home as away for 4 nights not on hook up and don't want to bugger anything up.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Have you tried pushing the button with the triangle and exclamation mark on it whilst the lights are flashing. Works for us usually if there is a problem.
Yes that's what I normally do but to no avail

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Update
So If I shut the fridge off before shutting down 12v/Gas/EHU it's ok. If I just switch off 12v/Gas/EHU I'm then unable to shut the fridge down. Still I suppose turning it off first is no hardship, better then the cost of a new PCB.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It's ok now as I make sure I turn the fridge off before unplugging EHU, shutting off gas or stopping the engine.

Oct 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
carthago
Been away for a few days, just using gas, returned home and our Dometic RMD 8505 will not turn off the control panel, as the little blue and red squares are constantly flashing.
when you push the main on/off button on the panel for 3 secs the panel switches off and then comes to life again.
Have tried pulling all the fuses on the main board , but it still won’t power down. Have turned off the main trip and controller above the door, fridge pane still blinking.

has anyone got any other ideas....
Hi, I’ve not read the whole thread of messages, where you able to resolver as I have the same issue

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Update
So If I shut the fridge off before shutting down 12v/Gas/EHU it's ok. If I just switch off 12v/Gas/EHU I'm then unable to shut the fridge down. Still I suppose turning it off first is no hardship, better then the cost of a new PCB.
But surely that is the normal way to do it.

If you turn off all power sources you have put it into fault mode an the red triangle will flash.
Then it won't reset as there is no power avaliable.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
But surely that is the normal way to do it.

If you turn off all power sources you have put it into fault mode an the red triangle will flash.
Then it won't reset as there is no power avaliable.
It wouldn't reset on running the engine just stayed beeping and flashing, the only way to shut it up was to either plug back into EHU or put the gas on then turn it off. The new panel sorted it out but Mr wallet was not a happy bunny at just shy of £200.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back