Free Member
May 21, 2021
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pegasus Grand
Exp
Gone from 3 years 700 miles in Motorhome back to Caravaning
Just been away for a few days in a "new to us" Eldiss 175 Majestic and after 2 days on 240v. the fridge would not cool.
I have scrolled through the posts for fridge problems and it seems a cooling fan system will might help. The only thing is, people are saying it's for very hot situations and the last 3 days have been so cold we have had the heating on day and night. Is that the problem I wonder? the interior getting too hot as opposed to the outside temp too hot.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We've got the same fridge. It won't need a fan in this weather, it even worked in Spain without a fan. Good fridge normally đź‘Ť

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
Since 2017
Just a thought, I've a different fridge, an RM5310 in our Accordo (but probably similar as it's Elddis), but I remember reading it has a thermostat on hookup and gas (but not on 12v). Couldn't be that could it? Though if it's fine on gas probably not. And agree with R&A post above - it shouldn't need a fan in this weather! I think I'd take off the bottom external cover and see if the bottom of the chimney's hot (with care!). Oh and on mine there's a 6A mains fridge/charger current trip ... sorry - just trying to think of cheaper things to fix than the element!

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Not got it turned right up have you? they normally work best on just below three quarters/twenty to eight position.

OP
OP
Clangers

Clangers

Free Member
May 21, 2021
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pegasus Grand
Exp
Gone from 3 years 700 miles in Motorhome back to Caravaning
Not got it turned right up have you? they normally work best on just below three quarters/twenty to eight position.
Yes right up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Yes the top vent feels warm

If the top vent is warm it would suggest the 240v element is working,next time out try it a lower setting.The other thing to have a look at is the state of the thermal transfer paste on the back of the fins inside the fridge to see if it needs replacing,or is it OK on gas?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back