Dometic RM7855L Fix (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
For those of you who sometimes find your dometic fridge does not operate as expected on LPG then I highly recommend you check the multi connector which plugs into the igniter module at the back of your fridge behind the bottom air vent before replacing any parts such as burner, gas solonoid or thermocouple etc.

Intermittently I'd find when I ran mine on LPG it would run fine for hours or even days then I'd hear it sparking and trying to re-light. More often than not it would re-light and work fine again.

Anyway the other day I decided to get to the bottom of the issue and switched it on and chose LPG. All it would do was spark and not light which would indicate a problem with the solenoid as no gas was getting through. I traced the wiring back to the igniter module. There are 7 wires which go to the connector on the module, 3 are from the gas solenoid, 1 from the burner and 3 from the PCB board on the top of your fridge.

What I found was then I waggled the wires on the connector whilst it was sparking and trying to light was it would open the solenoid and light!

I then removed each pin from the connector and what I found was 2 of them were showing a very poor connection to the pins on the igniter module. If you look at the picture below you can see the connector with a pin removed. The second picture shows clearly the gap in the square. In the third picture it shows how it should look. I simply bent the metal slightly to make a good contact, replaced them back into the connector and it works perfect now every time!

IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG

Hope this helps others.

Dave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread