dometic min-max dial (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Greetings oh wise ones.
My fridge freezer (dometic 7655l) min-max dial doesn't seem to be doing anything when turned.:Sad: The minimum light is on but none of the others will come on as the dial is turned.I have put a thermometer in the freezer to see what temp. its at but thought I would consult the oracle before delving any deeper. Can you replace just the dial or is it the whole control panel and where is the best place for spares?
Your thoughts would be welcome.
C

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
update.after much googling decided it could be the shaft on the control knob broken but will leave it as is till after the weekend.
The freezer is running at -8 degrees and the fridge at +8.Is that about right for minimum setting?
BTW found these part suppliers if its any use http://www.dometicapproved.co.uk/spareparts.aspx?p=spareretail

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
in a domestic situation a freezer should be -18 and a fridge +5.

i would see what the thermometer reads after a few hours.

it could the lights come on when the desired temp is reached...not when you turn the dial.
sort of informing you the temp is at the desired level

an absorption fridge set to max will only cool to around 20deg below ambient temperature which is why some folks fit a small fan in the fridge vent....moving air is cooler than static air so removes more heat from the fridge.

ie: 30 deg outside....10 deg in the.fridge
or 10deg outside...you need to turn the fridge down or risk freezing as it could be -10deg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
Cheers PJ. The lights should come on when you turn the dial so I am assuming the shaft is broken. It doesnt look to difficult but we are away for the weekend so will have a go at it next week.Freezer is reading -9 and fridge +6 so that will do for now. It looks like it is stuck on minimum. Its enough for the beer::bigsmile:

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
just an update. Finally got to dismantle front of control panel and confirmed it was the shaft (that the control knob pushes onto) that had broken. New part ordered from Dometic Centre Online Shop £4.73 Job done.:Smile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We had the same problem on a different model fridge - shaft was broken where it marries up to a tiny potentiometer on the pcb and the pcb was goosed also.

Cost £175 for new pcb :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
Ouch! and there's me complaining about the 5 squids for a little plastic shaft!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back