Dometic lights (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
My Hymer has a roof vent with 4 lights in it, they are Dometic round G4 halogen. I'm swapping the bulbs for 1.5w LEDS but when I removed the standard halogen bulb from the fitting I cannot get the LED bulb back into the small holes in the connector block
The wires/prongs will not go back into the very small plastic holder and neither will the original bulb. It's as if the holes no longer line up inside the connector block. So now we have no lights in the roof vent.

Any ideas ?

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@BusyBuilder
I had this very prob when replacing my bulbs recently. I haven't got a Hymer, but can appreciate the problem. It's a damn fiddly job. The prongs seem too close together to fit into the connector.
I put a 'set' in one of the prongs on the bulb with long-nose pliers. This obviously has to be done with extreme care in case you fracture the glass.
With the prongs slightly further apart, it made the fit a bit easier.

Hope this helps,
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I'v replaced 15 of these bulbs around the MH, but the problem is with the Dometic lights, the prongs only go in about 2 mm then they hit a solid block. I've tried 3 or 4 times and it's the same with all 4 lights.
It's as if something has blocked the holes, but I can't see what.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back