Dometic Heki 2 roof vent - leaking! (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
Since 1988
Hi All, I've got an Eldis 120 and have a slight leak from the roof vent. I have found a web page / PDF file which shows how the vent is fitted:

Broken Link Removed

So I feel fairly confident to remove it and reseal it when putting it back. BUT; if anyone out there has any experience of this job I'd greatly appreciate any advice you could give me.

This is the type of vent:
20151018_161857.jpg
20151018_161910.jpg

Many thanks,

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Not taken mine out since installing it, but the job is fairly straight fwd but time consuming.
The instructions in the download say it all..
Remove the inside vent screens to access screws for the inner part which you remove. ..its very flex so get someone to support it as the last screws are removed so it doesn't snap..
Then remove the screws that hold the outer part in place from the plastic blocks ...hope the outer is set in on non setting mastic ..and you should be able to ease it out clean re seal and put back together..
Best of luck
Ta Andy.

OP
OP
Dolomite Pete
Oct 13, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Andy, I'll be having a go tomorrow. I'll get the wife to help me lower the inner part; good tip that.

Cheers,
Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
as Andy said.. use a non - setting mastic .. such as Carafax IDL 99

but it's easier using it on a roll.. less messy and you get an nice even layer..

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
And as said, clean, clean and clean all surfaces that come into contact with which ever adhesive you use.
We had a leak with ours, it had to be done twice, the first attempt failed because the fitter only cleaned one side surfaces, said he wasn't told both needed cleaning.. He is no longer an employee of the company.

The second attempt was a success.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back