dometic fridge (1 Viewer)

wiggy

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
dometic fridge igniter lights burner ok . but then fast tapping noise slows down then stops can any one help

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
dometic fridge igniter lights burner ok . but then fast tapping noise slows down then stops can any one help

Hi Wiggy, welcome to the fun, could you tell us more about the fridge, make model , will it work on mains power but not on gas etc. my first fight with our fridge had me changing it twice before I found out that they wont work if your parked on to much of an incline, my drive is quite steep, parked on the level and the fridge worked :Doh:

Regards, John

OP
OP
W

wiggy

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi Wiggy, welcome to the fun, could you tell us more about the fridge, make model , will it work on mains power but not on gas etc. my first fight with our fridge had me changing it twice before I found out that they wont work if your parked on to much of an incline, my drive is quite steep, parked on the level and the fridge worked :Doh:

Regards, John
thanks for your reply.its dometic rm 736l model typ c40/110 yes it works on mains and gas it just makes a noise after it has igniter like a tapping noise can you help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thanks for your reply.its dometic rm 736l model typ c40/110 yes it works on mains and gas it just makes a noise after it has igniter like a tapping noise can you help

Sounds like it has gone out again.

Ours goes tick-tick-tick about twice a second until it lights properly. Are you holding the ignite button in long enough.

Try lighting a stove burner to purge the pipes of air quicker. The try again.

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
It could also be that the thermocouple has failed or the tip isnt in the fan of the flame.

John

OP
OP
W

wiggy

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Funster No
It could also be that the thermocouple has failed or the tip isnt in the fan of the flame.

John
hya john do you no a cure if this what it is.thanks wiggy :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
If it is working ok it may be the heat just expanding items in the sytem when first ignited if it slows down then stops.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back