Dometic fridge temperature setting not working (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Fridge is RM 7655L

Last night put fridge on gas wouldn't light. After trying a verbal times it just wasn't going to light.
So I removed burner and cleaned it out and cleaned all contacts etc and reassembled. Fridge fired up no problems so of we set. On arriving at our destination we reswitched back onto gas all good.

But later when I went to turn it down I noticed the temperature setting control didn't turn the LEDs down so I assume it's working on max and can't be turned down.

So has anyone any ideas ? At this moment in time its #issing down and blowing a hooley so I can't check I've knocked anything doing burner job. I'm also 99% sure I assembled it correctly. The 1% doubt is because it now has fault.

If nobody has any ideas suggestions and I can't fathom it out could someone steer me in best direction to getting it repaired in sussex

Thanks in advance

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would avoid S&G, a bit slap dash, bashing screwdrivers into the side of the van & I had to show them how to do the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CWH

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There's a little part behind the temp setting thats prone to breaking. Could be something as simple as that

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I would avoid S&G, a bit slap dash, bashing screwdrivers into the side of the van & I had to show them how to do the job.

I am aware of S+G thanks I've see your comments on him before and someone else warned me off. Shame as he is only up road from myself.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
There's a little part behind the temp setting thats prone to breaking. Could be something as simple as that

Mmmmm I am really hoping its something so simple. The knob didn't offer any resistance and didn't feel right. Any idea how to get to this bit ?

I wild camped last night so can't try electric at moment. Proberly wild tonight too as currently in Winchester.

Thanks everyone for help and advise thus far

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am aware of S+G thanks I've see your comments on him before and someone else warned me off. Shame as he is only up road from myself.
Lancing Commercial are going through the accreditation for Dometic service agents, last time I spoke to them they expected to ready by the end of November.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Just a little update it was this problem and I managed to fix it this morning little fiddly and would have struggled without this video.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back