Dometic fridge RM7361 gas not working (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you have not already ,it would be worth checking the continuity of the wires in particular the ground/earth ones , the other thing, I suppose, that could be faulty is the ionisation probe but I do not know if this was the case what the effect would be.

OP
OP
Chevy
Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Geoff checked all wiring and earths with meter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chevy
Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
No still not working 😢 I’m trying to find out why the new ignition unit isn’t clicking when I apply the 1.5volts to it on the correct pins.
Must be a simple way to test it but no one seems to know and Ive exhausted all the help on the web?

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The ionisation probe seems to control when it should spark as it sits in the flame and seems to stop the sparking when it is burning and allow it when there is no flame , are you able to find a way to test it or maybe it needs to be in the circuit to allow sparking.

OP
OP
Chevy
Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
There maybe two types of electrodes present in your gas boiler: ignition electrodes and flame-sensing electrodes (sometimes also known as an ionisation probe). The ignition electrode, as you can probably guess from its name, is responsible for creating a spark that will ignite the gas supplied by your boiler. The ionisation probe acts as a safety device. It is able to sense when there is a flame present in the burner. If it cannot sense a flame, it will turn the gas off to prevent the boiler from supplying gas that isn’t being burnt.
The problem is I’m not getting a spark nor the gas to create a flame so I believe the ionisation probe isn’t in the equation at the moment .
I will try and force the situation by operating the gas valve with 2.5v battery and using a lighter to get a flame at the gas burner and see if the ionisation probe will allow the gas to be maintained

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
I Know this might sound daft but have you checked out the the three way switch to turn it from 12v to gas. Is ignition unit getting supply.

OP
OP
Chevy
Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
Hi yes I did change the mes pcb out, it does supply the voltage to the ignition unit 👍

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
why are you adding battery power to your system? you need to ascertain where the existing 12v supply is failing

OP
OP
Chevy
Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
I have 12v at the fridge mes pcb, the 1.5v is applied by the pcb when switched to gas to drive the ignition unit 👍

OP
OP
Chevy
Jul 28, 2021
Fobbing, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato apache
Exp
Since 2019
I removed the terminal plug from the igniter and at close inspection noticed 2 of the pins were broken so I made up a new connecter and tested continuity with a meter, as it still didn’t ignite I changed the fridge pcb as I didn’t believe the sense wire was working for the thermostat to the igniter and hey presto 😁😁

Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
(y)Good to know for future reference. Glad you got it fixed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back