Dometic Fridge problem (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
our fridge appears to turn off the relight. This happens every now and then. Only really notice it if it happens at night when you here the clicking.
Hubby has checked igniter is ok, flame is good but something is telling it to shut off then reignited with no problem.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
our fridge appears to turn off the relight. This happens every now and then. Only really notice it if it happens at night when you here the clicking.
Hubby has checked igniter is ok, flame is good but something is telling it to shut off then reignited with no problem.
That's how the fridge works on gas, when it's down to temperature the gas shuts off, when the temperature starts to rise the burner relights to lower the temperature.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The problem starts when, like mine, it didn't re-ignite. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
That's how the fridge works on gas, when it's down to temperature the gas shuts off, when the temperature starts to rise the burner relights to lower the temperature.
On mine the pilot light remains alight all the while the fridge is 'On' so there's no clicking of the igniter when the lowering rising temp calls for the main burner to fire up as it lights from the pilot.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
movan did you get yours fixed?
Hi sunshine. Went to a place in Shepton Mallet. The new part needed is made in Germany and Germany are refusing to supply us.

The man had a secondhand part which he put on for me to see me through but I'm not sure how long it will last. At the moment it is working. Thankfully. As I couldn't afford to kerp throwing my food away. :)

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
On mine the pilot light remains alight all the while the fridge is 'On' so there's no clicking of the igniter when the lowering temp calls for the main burner to fire up as it lights from the pilot.
Yep, my last Caravan fridge was like that. The one in the van I have now fires up when it's needed, as the OP, I only notice it at night.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi sunshine. Went to a place in Shepton Mallet. The new part needed is made in Germany and Germany are refusing to supply us.

The man had a secondhand part which he put on for me to see me through but I'm not sure how long it will last. At the moment it is working. Thankfully. As I couldn't afford to kerp throwing my food away. :)
Fingers crossed it will last a good while.

OP
OP
H
May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Thanks, Hubby did wonder how the temperature was actually controlled

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I like that, I use a remote inside/outside thermometer but it does not have all that functionality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back