Dometic Fridge/Freezer Thermostat Knob Not Setting (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Problem: the thermostat knob rotates freely, but does not change the number of LEDs that are lit.

There is a short thin spindle between the knob and the rotary control on the circuit board. This spindle is thin and easy to break.

To fix this, the top panel needs to be removed. The thermostat knob and simply pulls off, as does the energy selection switch. With the knob removed, the top panel fixing screws are accessible. Remove these screws and the top panel can be removed.

Remove the old broken spindle and fit the new spindle. I didn't try to repair the broken spindle, but I suppose it's possible if you can't get a new one - maybe use araldite epoxy resin.

However I never seem to ever change the thermostat from the centre position (2 lights showing), so there's a case for just setting it with a thin screwdriver and putting it all back together again until you are in a better position to replace the broken spindle.

Leisure Shop Direct website shows diagrams of all the Dometic fridges and parts. For example, my fridge, RM7651: The spindle is labelled 487C, and the screws holding on the top panel are labelled 227K

Attachments

• 651412193.pdf
    103.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Autorouter

This seems to be the problem with my fridge at present as previously discussed.

Good video on covering points mentioned:

Will try and resolve this week

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back