Dometic fridge-freezer problem - help needed! (1 Viewer)

Pinfolders

Free Member
Mar 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
We have an Autotrail Delaware 2011 with a Dometic fridge-freezer RMD8555 which unfortunately has failed. It wouldn’t work and was showing Error Code 1 which our dealership identified as a faulty front control panel. Unfortunately this part seems to be unavailable anywhere; all attempts to track it down come back as ‘obsolete’. The part no is 241397712 (picture below), around £200, and it seems to be unique to this model.
Does anybody know somewhere obscure to try, or someone who is scrapping one? Or does anyone have experience of this and managed to resolve it some other way? All ideas welcome. If not, it seems it’s a new fridge-freezer at around £1800!

Attachments

• MH fridge front control panel.jpg
    MH fridge front control panel.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 25

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
9 times out of 10 such failures are a bad solder joint or corroded connector. Find somebody locally that can check the solder joints for you. Then clean connectors up and refit. I did recently read on here of somebody sourcing a third party replacement board made by a guy in Italy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
9 times out of 10 such failures are a bad solder joint or corroded connector. Find somebody locally that can check the solder joints for you. Then clean connectors up and refit. I did recently read on here of somebody sourcing a third party replacement board made by a guy in Italy
After a bit of digging, I found the post for you
Post in thread 'Fridge / freezer Not working , Help please.'
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...r-not-working-help-please.243585/post-4563532

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back