Dometic fridge freezer, gas jet. (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2017
beds
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
I know it's another same question I think. Just tried my gas operation on my fridge and the pilot light lit immediately but overnight the fridge whent cool although the pilot is still alight.
My question is, should the pilot flame just burn blue or should it roar.
Regards. John

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We’ve got an older Dometic 2006 and the pilot light is only on when it’s cooling.

Doesn’t stay on all the time.
When it is cooling you can hear it “roaring”

Edit You could take the side panel off the side of the van and turn the control on nearly full and watch what happens.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It should roar. We had the same problem with ours. It worked fine on mains and 12v but was useless on gas. I cleaned the burner, flue was clear, no change. I eventually took the gas jet out and noticed a tiny blockage. I squirted butane gas through the jet from both sides till the spray came out in a fine mist. Put it all back together and the gas jet roared again. Fridge goes down to 4 degrees on the centre setting and works perfectly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
That's a strange one because the flame from a pilot light is there only to allow the gas valve to be in the open position. It heats up the thermocouple which sends a small electrical signal to hold the gas valve open. If the thermocouple isnt heated enough, then no signal is sent and the supply to the pilot light will go out. So if the pilot light stays lit then it's working and the gas valve will be held in the open position. It shouldn't matter what colour the flame is on the pilot light, what matters is that it stays lit.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you talking about the burner flame or the pilot light because they haven't used pilot lights for over 15 years years.
Pilot lights are normally silent just a small blue flame to light the burner.

On the larger fridge freezers the burner flame should burn blue with a slight roar. It the roar is loud it's a sign the burner is not lined up properly and the fridge won't cool very well.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Just had the exact same problem, burner alight but little cooling. Cleaned jet etc but little change. Contacted Dometic who advised fitting a new burner and jet, making sure jet was a 16. Once fitted all working fine now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back