dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
had a new posh dometic flushing loo fitted into the van, have just been through the instructions and nowhere can i find how much water to fill up the flush bit, so just how many litres does that tank hold?
when i asked the fitter was told he uses a watering can which was no help whatsoever, after all, how long is a piece of string, if you see what i mean..
is it possible to overfill it, or will the excess just come out of the filler?
oh, and how much water should i put into the cassette with the loo fluid to start off?
it does have led warnings to let you know when the flush tank is empty and the cassette needs emptying..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You don't mention the model number but on our previous van (which had a separate flush tank) there was a sight glass tube which indicated how full it was.

The loo fluid manufacturers usually print on the bottle how much fluid and water should be used. We use bio washing liquid - a couple of cap fulls approx and a litre of water.

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
am indoors at the moment waiting for meds to kick in before i can get on with my day, and the instructions are in the van, and they mention a number of model numbers, oh flipping 'eck, but having just had a look at the dometic site, i think it's a 3110 with a rear console, the posh word for the flush tank..:RollEyes:
thanks for the prompt reply by the way, muchly appreciated..
you've probably gathered that i'm not used to (or have used) all these convenient luxuries yet..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
All I can find re flush capacity is in Broken Link Removed (page 3) which gives a flush tank capacity of 7l. Instructions for filling the fresh water tank (page 12 ) aren't helpful but I would expect that you would be able to see the level in the external "filling piece" referred to when it is nearly full (e.g. like filling the windscreen washer reservoir on a vehicle).

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dryad,you just prompted me to go outside and read the manual- it says depending on model they hold different amounts ::bigsmile: but no amount shown ::bigsmile: I can tell you that it has a flashing light to tell you flush tank is low which then turns to solid light when near empty so you know to fill it up :winky: I tried to fill this with a 5 ltr bottle of water but more spilled out than went in so I got the hose ---a watering can or funnel will do the job just as well :thumb:It also has flashing light to tell you s--t tank is 3/4 full and again solid =full so empty quick ::bigsmile:
If you use blue/green stuff in the holding tank I usually empty it completely and put a cap full of blue/green in tank and leave it simply because it never took long before we needed to pee IE adding water,as opposed to no 2s
::bigsmile:
terry

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
On the Autosleeper there was a separate 'bog tank' on the Rapido there is only the one, so it does everything,

Loo fluid, I don't bother, historically I have claimed to drink aftershave to rid the smell, but only in jest...
There will be an alarm, (red light) to tell you when its full..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
On my old MH I would fill to the point at which it overflowed :Blush:

However if you use any of the pink flush stuff you may want to flush the loo for a bit before driving around because the foam gasket does get tired and pink liquid will dribble out of the filler flap and may stain the side of your MH. :Sad:

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
thank you for all the replies, circumstances prevented me going away at the weekend so am going to be filling it later this morning and working on the trial and error method, with hopefully not too much error..
fingers crossed, and hopefully before me legs get crossed..:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back