Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
My Dometic CFX 40 has just stopped working and you’ve gust it it’s 1 month out of warranty. Has anyone had any experience of these fridges just Stopping or if there easy to repair.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Google tells me it's a compressor fridge. Is there any signs of life? Any LEDs or readouts or fault codes? Or noises?

OP
OP
A

Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
Google tells me it's a compressor fridge. Is there any signs of life? Any LEDs or readouts or fault codes? Or noises?

Hi
No nothing at all it’s completely dead, I’ve tested the cables and there’s power, I’ve tried it on 240v and still nothing. There is an internal fuse and that’s ok but it dose only protect the 240v input.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If there's power to the PCB but it's dead it must be the PCB that's faulty. If it's a 12v compressor and condenser fan you could remove the circuit board and fit a thermostat, but that's a bit drastic for a nearly new fridge ?

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
Why don't you try to get it repaired under warranty? One month out is really short and either the dealer or Dometic or both want to keep their reputation?

Deleted User
I would be looking at the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as there will be guidance about length of time products should be expected to last.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Why don't you try to get it repaired under warranty? One month out is really short and either the dealer or Dometic or both want to keep their reputation?

Dometic in my view do a great job of keeping their reputation, a shit reputation.

I have a simple technical query I wanted answering about our Dometic fridge/freeze so I used their on-line contact form to ask for an answer to my question.
After a week and no response, I rang Dometic direct just to get some surly bitch on the other end to tell me that they do not accept end user telephone calls or discuss end users queries or problems over the phone and this was not a help line, .............. nice lady. Was then told to use the on-line contact form to which I replied I had and after a week that no one had had the common courtesy to reply.
I have now emailing Dometic and guess what, a week or so later, still no response.

A rather think keeping a reputation is not one of their concerns.

OP
OP
A

Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
I have spoken to Dometic and was told to contact seller which I have done but after reading previous comments about Dometic Customer service I’m not holding any hopes so wanted some feedback as to what the issue may be. As the price of these fridges had over doubled in the last 2 years from around £300 to over £700 I’d rather repair it if possible.
Having looked I can get a new PCB for around £120 so if I don’t get a good response about warranty I may try this after do some testing.

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I have spoken to Dometic and was told to contact seller which I have done but after reading previous comments about Dometic Customer service I’m not holding any hopes so wanted some feedback as to what the issue may be. As the price of these fridges had over doubled in the last 2 years from around £300 to over £700 I’d rather repair it if possible.
Having looked I can get a new PCB for around £120 so if I don’t get a good response about warranty I may try this after do some testing.
Crazy thing is I spent a good 30 minutes at the actual huge Dometic stand at the Southampton boat show just yesterday and could have asked your questions direct, I have the CFX 28, 35, 50 and 65DZ, I have covers for all except the 35, they are going to source one for me. I will PM you with some information but please keep it confidential, it may help (y)

Out of interest is your CFX Waeco or Dometic, when they changed names from Waeco to Dometic they updated the new ones with Wi-Fi control which I have, does yours have Wi-Fi control? And does it say Waeco or Dometic on it.

OP
OP
A

Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
Crazy thing is I spent a good 30 minutes at the actual huge Dometic stand at the Southampton boat show just yesterday and could have asked your questions direct, I have the CFX 28, 35, 50 and 65DZ, I have covers for all except the 35, they are going to source one for me. I will PM you with some information but please keep it confidential, it may help (y)

Out of interest is your CFX Waeco or Dometic, when they changed names from Waeco to Dometic they updated the new ones with Wi-Fi control which I have, does yours have Wi-Fi control? And does it say Waeco or Dometic on it.
It’s the Dometic with WiFi

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back