Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi all,
I have a dometic wind out awning on Moho. Just noticed it does not fully close on winding it in. It reaches to within 1 centimetre but not to point where clip engages. Closes with a moderate push front and rear. (Too hard to reach for routine closure!) no obvious bends or obstructions in system. Anyone met this problem and have a solution?
thanks
tkk

OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
yes, a little stiff on the take off but both open

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
are both clips opening properly,
Awning seems to wind out slightly unevenly , later on winder side and clip catches a bit. Manual lacks detail, mentions torque required for arms but doesn’t refer to purpose of two screws near this nut. They look like they might alter position of arms. Anyone know about these?
tkk

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Awning seems to wind out slightly unevenly , later on winder side and clip catches a bit. Manual lacks detail, mentions torque required for arms but doesn’t refer to purpose of two screws near this nut. They look like they might alter position of arms. Anyone know about these?
tkk
2 Years on did you ever solve this problem? Ours does the same, it leaves diagonal creases in the awning. I just trying to figure out how to get it go in even and remove the creases, I think just a little pressure on side when winding may do it

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
2 Years on did you ever solve this problem? Ours does the same, it leaves diagonal creases in the awning. I just trying to figure out how to get it go in even and remove the creases, I think just a little pressure on side when winding may do it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
I saw something similar on my mates MH awning. He had rolled it out completely and just carried on winding to bring it in - so had wound the material the "wrong way" around the pole. Wound it out completely again and wound it in the correct way - ie just continue winding the same way - and all was sorted. Not necessarily your problem, but worth a try.
It started for him when he was trying to get his awning in on a very windy night - didn't realise or see what he'd done. (That's his excuse anyway...)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Yes. You put a strip , 30 cm or so of heavy duty tape (trex. Or gorilla) 0n the underside of side last in. It increases the diameter of the roller so speeding up that side. Actual length depends on tape so its trial and error. Good luck

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2016
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T620g
Exp
since 1969
I saw something similar on my mates MH awning. He had rolled it out completely and just carried on winding to bring it in - so had wound the material the "wrong way" around the pole. Wound it out completely again and wound it in the correct way - ie just continue winding the same way - and all was sorted. Not necessarily your problem, but worth a try.
It started for him when he was trying to get his awning in on a very windy night - didn't realise or see what he'd done. (That's his excuse anyway...)
So which is the "right way"? Should the material be ontop of the roller or below it?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back