dometic award (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i would like to award dometic with the worst design ever award for the catch on their fridges why mould the bits that wear out onto the largest component ie the door i was always told make the small bits sacrafical not the largest
getting it to line up with the metal part when you cant actually see either component is a chinese puzzle of stunning complexity
and they surpassed them selves with the flimsyness of the plate that is supposed to hold it all in place

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve been making locks and catches since the cavemen rolled a stone into the cave mouth you would think it would be pretty easy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
The door stays on our Thetford are virtually impossible to use as you can't get your fingers in the gap to set it open crap design.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
i would like to award dometic with the worst design ever award for the catch on their fridges why mould the bits that wear out onto the largest component ie the door i was always told make the small bits sacrafical not the largest
getting it to line up with the metal part when you cant actually see either component is a chinese puzzle of stunning complexity
and they surpassed them selves with the flimsyness of the plate that is supposed to hold it all in place

After ours fell apart for the umpteenth time, I removed the plastic cover and plastic lever and just activate the metal "hook" piece with my finger. I was surprised that it does stay locked when travelling. Can't see the point in replacing something that's just gonna break again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
What about a Dometic fridge door that is supported by a flimsy plastic mouldings top and bottom inside the door - mine broke!!
I wouldnt like to guess how much a replacement would cost.
I filled up the hollow mouldings with Araldite and fitted two stainless repair washer, now better than new.
They really are outrageously expensive shite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back