Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all,

I have a B2200 unit fitted on my van. It was moved from my last van after being on there for just over two years. It hasn't worked properly since and is now 5 years old. I have been offered a new replacement by a MH dealer at a vastly reduced price. Has anyone had one of these units for any length of time and does it still work properly? A quick response would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I have a 5 year old one that works perfectly (B2200).

Sorry, not a particularly quick response! In what way does yours not work, it may just need gas?

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
as said it might need regassing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
motorhome42

motorhome42

Free Member
Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the replies but, I have been trying to solve the "no cooling" problem for over two years now with no success. I have tried find someone to regas it BUT it is a sealed system with no valves. I know Schroder??? Valves could be fitted but again, no one does this. I spoke to Michael Roberts from Dometic recently who confirmed the difficulty of regassing such units and he basically said that the labour and time involved in the job made it uneconomical. So, no more air con units for me, I will stick with opening the windows, finding some shade and turning the fan on.

Thanks to all who have replied to this and an earlier post. I was simply interested to know how many people had one of these units and whether or not it worked for them.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well we have same unit fitted which is 3 years old now and running cold no problem, however in winter we cannot seam to make to work in the warm mode, does not seam to get very warm. Works fine other than that.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Reviving a post from the dead, but......

We have a freshlight 2200 which is about 3 1/2 yrs old, never really used since we had it as rarely used EHU, but now using via the inverter, now solar is working, and although it starts and kicks into "cooling" after a few minutes, it doesnt seem to come out cold air, suspect it needs regassing? has anyone found anywhere that can do this?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
If it's like the B2200 unit mentioned in this thread, I don't think they can be regassed economically.
I did see a YouTube video of someone in the US doing it by fitting a valve onto the pipework, guessing the quality of gas to insert as there is no way of knowing how much by weight to put in. Apparently unlike a car air con system, there are no seals that dry out so it shouldn't really lose gas but over time it must lose a bit somewhere.
Anyway he seemed to get his working again.
I'm not sure if you'll find anywhere in UK to do it, the gas it uses is R407 which I believe is discontinued / illegal now and replacement gasses are not suitable.
I sold an older non working dometic ac unit on ebay and the bloke that bought it said he has a contact in trade who can get the R407 gas and get it working. I suppose he kept some back for such eventualities ?
I have the B2200 bought s/h two years ago off a funster, I test it regularly and it works well, just not used in anger yet but if this heatwave continues.....

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
My 2200 started blowing hot after 2 years and the dealer repaced one of the fans touch wood has worked perfect since .

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Reviving a post from the dead, but......

We have a freshlight 2200 which is about 3 1/2 yrs old, never really used since we had it as rarely used EHU, but now using via the inverter, now solar is working, and although it starts and kicks into "cooling" after a few minutes, it doesnt seem to come out cold air, suspect it needs regassing? has anyone found anywhere that can do this?
Just to cover the basics, they will only kick in over 18c and is the thermostat turned to cold?.

Yes I know its > 18 most places right now but worth mentioning if someone is reading this in 2030.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Set the temperature on the remote to 16c and switch to the snowflake symbol. Initially the fan will blow ambient air through but after a few minutes you should hear the compressor kick in quite noticably.
I have in indoor / outdoor thermometer in mine semi permanently and after 20 minutes the air it's blowing out is 4 to 5 c.
I believe it's supposed to lower ambient temperature by about 16c overall.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back