Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all,

I have a B2200 unit fitted on my van. It was moved from my last van after being on there for just over two years. It hasn't worked properly since and is now 5 years old. I have been offered a new replacement by a MH dealer at a vastly reduced price. Has anyone had one of these units for any length of time and does it still work properly? A quick response would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Jun 1, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Sundance 630L
Exp
Since 2010
I have a 5 year old one that works perfectly (B2200).

Sorry, not a particularly quick response! In what way does yours not work, it may just need gas?

OP
motorhome42

motorhome42

Free Member
Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the replies but, I have been trying to solve the "no cooling" problem for over two years now with no success. I have tried find someone to regas it BUT it is a sealed system with no valves. I know Schroder??? Valves could be fitted but again, no one does this. I spoke to Michael Roberts from Dometic recently who confirmed the difficulty of regassing such units and he basically said that the labour and time involved in the job made it uneconomical. So, no more air con units for me, I will stick with opening the windows, finding some shade and turning the fan on.

Thanks to all who have replied to this and an earlier post. I was simply interested to know how many people had one of these units and whether or not it worked for them.

Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar, Mileo 290i
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well we have same unit fitted which is 3 years old now and running cold no problem, however in winter we cannot seam to make to work in the warm mode, does not seam to get very warm. Works fine other than that.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services