Dometic 8505 fridge interior light (1 Viewer)

Boardboi

Free Member
Jun 28, 2021
Edinburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi all,my interior LED fridge light doesn't illuminate with the door open. I fitted a new light assembly & cleaned the electrical connector but still no joy. Any ideas ?
Thanks

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
You have to program the circuit board to recognise the reed switch in the door. I don’t have the details with me but google it.

OP
OP
B

Boardboi

Free Member
Jun 28, 2021
Edinburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Thanks. I wasn't aware it had a reed switch. I assumed that the microswitch in the light unit was operated by the door locking arm. I will have a Google.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
how do you know it isnt coming on when the door is closed ? ....... or if you do get it sorted, how can you tell the light goes off when you close the door ?... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
B

Boardboi

Free Member
Jun 28, 2021
Edinburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Still non the wiser. This fridge doesn't have a reed switch. I'm not getting 12v at the light connector. Is there a separate fuse or possibly a bad contact on the PCB ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Still non the wiser. This fridge doesn't have a reed switch. I'm not getting 12v at the light connector. Is there a separate fuse or possibly a bad contact on the PCB ?
No reed switch just a microswitch operated by the SS lever, where the power goes onto the board it's about 10v so I think it's controlled by a processor on the main PCB. I checked it when I was looking for power for my internal fan.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Boardboi If you do not have it ,there is a service manual , including wiring , For the Dometic 8 series fridge in the Manuals for Motorhome stuff section of Resources (in the menu ) that could be useful in checking for the fault and the lights connections.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Boardboi

Free Member
Jun 28, 2021
Edinburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Boardboi If you do not have it ,there is a service manual , including wiring , For the Dometic 8 series fridge in the Manuals for Motorhome stuff section of Resources (in the menu ) that could be useful in checking for the fault and the lights connections.
Thanks

OP
OP
B

Boardboi

Free Member
Jun 28, 2021
Edinburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Still not sorted. The LED light has has a dedicated 12v input. The cable (brown & white) exits the rear of the fridge & connects to the rear PCB. I'm assuming that if I disconnect the wires from the PCB & connect an alternate 12v supply the LED should illuminate unless the wiring is open circuit. Any thoughts ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back