Dometic 7655 spark but no flame (1 Viewer)

ray lake

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
Mc Louis Tandy 2008 with Dometic7655
OK on 240 and 12v but despite cleaning burner as recommended still nothing on gas.
Igniter is sparking OK.
How can I tell the gas is getting through?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Confirm you have gas in the tank and it's turned on. :)

Could be the thermocouple or the gas valve has stopped working. No flame at all, then valve may be at fault. Flame which goes out after a few seconds could be the thermocouple. Or, it might be something else (controller?).

Link Removed

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Presume it has worked recently? Are you getting gas to the hob and is it at normal pressure? Check you haven't accidentally turned off the supply tap; probably in a cupboard under the fridge or thereabouts. If you can safely reach the jet, perhaps with a long match, try lighting it manually while it's sparking. If so it's the igniter, if not at least you've narrowed it down a bit.
Have you recently had the gas turned off/disconnected and do you have a reset button on or near the regulator - try pressing it to reset.

If no gas getting through, or it's at a low pressure, the most likely is the regulator has failed, not uncommon. Is there an on-line filter near the regulator, could be blocked. If the gas supply is okay then it's got to be electrical, like BwB suggests.

I know that if we've not used the van for a few weeks the gas needs time to get through to the fridge and often takes a few attempts before it lights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Check the solenoid on the gas line just before the burner, mine is a little round cylinder a bit smaller than a 35mm film canister with a wire pushed onto a spade connector on it. The electrical push on connector on mine had corroded and gave the exact same results. A new crimp on terminal sorted it.
ps on a Dometic RM 7655 too.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
first thing to do is remove the connection to the burner dont loose the small jet thats in there turn it on and see if you have gas there as it could be the jet thats blocked if you have gas there you need to blow the dirt out of the jet this is the most common fault on all fridges jet is part 130 in diagram below its tiny if you remove it and let the gas flow for a couple of seconds you often get some dust blow out the jet usually comes out on the end of the pipe so beware

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Check one of the rings on the cooker, if it lights, gas is getting through.... then check the valve for the fridge is open, it is usually in a cupboard near the fridge/oven, it is a red handled affair and needs to be in=line with the copper pipe
If these are ok then it is the fridge that is faulty, as said probably the thermocouple.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
R

ray lake

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
Thank you for your helpful replies.
Yes the gas is on at the tap and other appliances working.
Cannot be sure if if has been operating during our ownership as onl 12 months and always hookup.
?I have disconnected the gas feed to the igniter and turned switch to gas, would I then expect see have live gas at that point?
I don't by the way.
Regards

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if the pipe is open and the fridge set to gas you should get gas from the pipe does the ignition spark are there lights on in the fridge and on the dial just check that the jet isnt stuck to the end of the pipe

OP
OP
R

ray lake

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
Yes the ignition does spark, the light is on in the fridge and the dial and no the jet is not stuck on the end of the pipe.
So if no gas with pipe open then presume either gas not released until gas valve control vale opens so may opens so maybe that's the culprit !

OP
OP
R

ray lake

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
Looking at the set up as I understand.
Switching to gas, on manual, should open the gas supply.
This is activated by the gas control valve which has a solenoid as mentioned thank you.
Given this to be the case one should head a "clunk "even if faint when actioned?
Any thoughts and what poss of opening and repairing as a new on iro £150
All on a post card please etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back