Dometic 6270 Fridge

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Figaro, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Ratings:
    +2,369
    Just when I thought I`d got my fridge working it seems to have developed another fault.
    With help from funsters advice I removed the fridge and cleaned the gas jet, re-assembled and all ok. However now when I turn it to gas, sometimes it will spark & flash then light other times it will not.
    The fridge light was working on 12 volt when it wouldn`t spark and all connections were checked before re-fitting, so I don`t think it`s a loose connection.
    Is there a component that could be failing ?
    I did notice last weekend that the clicking & flashing was slower than usual last weekend but it did light then.
    Yesterday nothing, but today it lit, just tried it again though and nothing !
    TIA

2. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

Ratings:
    +3,279
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Ratings:
    +2,369
    Thanks, is it an easy swop over do you know, just electrical connections ?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

Ratings:
    +3,279
    I've only ever changed the push to generate type but they are a very simple device.

5. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Ratings:
    +8,051
    You haven't disturbed the electrode and moved it out of position or cracked the insulator part of it when you were fiddling on with the burner have you ?

6. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Ratings:
    +2,369
    I did disturb them to clean the jet, but put them back in the same position, dirt on them indicated their position.
    I`ve removed the fridge again today (grrr) and checked all connections, ran a temp 12v supply to fridge and still nothing. No spark, no flash.
    I`ll check the ceramic insulator but if thats ok I`m thinking of buying the igniter unit for about £70 unless anyone knows of anything else to check ?
    Edit, just checked ceramic insulation and it looks ok. So new igniter it is.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Ratings:
    +2,369
    Update : I removed the fridge again and checked the Igniter, it had power to it but wasn`t sparking so thanks @Stealaway that was the problem.
    Unit ordered from leisureshopdirect for £70 eek, prompt delivery, fitted Saturday and working (n)
    The spark / click / flash is much more vigerous that I`ve known it before so it looks like it was on the way out for some time.
    So if your spark is a little lazy, think about changing the igniter, it`s an expensive part at £70 but at least I now have confidence it will light on gas and an easy swop over once the fridge is out.
    Thanks again

• Nice One! Nice One! x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1