• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Dometic 3-Way AES Fridge Freezer RM6505 (1 Viewer)

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Dometic (Electrolux) 3 way fridge freezer - gas, 12v and mains - with AES (Automatic Energy Selection) model RM6505

Perfect working order and very clean condition. Can be demonstrated prior to removal. No problem keeping everything frozen even when temperature hit 43 degrees in Spain last year !

135 litre capacity. Complete with all shelves etc.

Full specification here: http://www.giordanobenicchi.it/camper/Fridge/Dometic-RM-6505.pdf

P1010912.JPG P1010914.JPG P1010916.JPG P1010917.JPG P1010911.JPG P1010919.JPG

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
A good fridge freezer ive got an older version in my van and its as good if not better than the one i had in my house.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I would buy if I could find a way to get my existing fridge out of my Burstner Elegance. None of the dorrs are wide enough!
They are! Had to remove my F/F, oh dear, F/F 1" wider than hab. door, but brainwave, lay passenger seat down and out through huge hole:sneaky:

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Thanks for the interest.
It's a great fridge, but I am going full time from summer and was offered a larger 190 litre RMD8555 which I thought might be nice (on a whim) ..... :whistle:
Also, I have 400w of solar so wanted to make use of the excess power. The 8 series has a solar input. Now it appears the 6 series also has one - doh !
It will just fit in the recess with a little modification (literally mm precision).
Not sure it was the right decision as the 6 series seem ultra reliable while the 7 and 8 series seem to have a lot of issues with faulty circuit boards (according to forums).

Both sizes are too big to pass through the hab door, but easily fit through the lounge window, and not heavy with 2 people.

Thought I'd put it on here before eBay. £400 ono ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh how I wish that would fit in my camper! :crying:

Deleted User
I would buy if I could find a way to get my existing fridge out of my Burstner Elegance. None of the dorrs are wide enough!

I had that problem with our last Hymer caravan. Managed to get the fridge out of it's space, which wasn't easy, and then had to remove the working parts off the back to get it through the door, I think they must have built the van round it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I miss the AES mine is manual. I would change it if it was an easy job but I dont think it is? Even though mine is the slim version

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I miss the AES mine is manual. I would change it if it was an easy job but I dont think it is? Even though mine is the slim version
... if you do I'd be very interested in buying your manual fridge freezer for my camper as it should fit! :) (y)

Go on ... you KNOW you want AES ... :D2

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
... if you do I'd be very interested in buying your manual fridge freezer for my camper as it should fit! :) (y)

Find me one and I will consider it, The tall slim ones are very rare. Mine is the only one Ive seen outside the USA

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
They are! Had to remove my F/F, oh dear, F/F 1" wider than hab. door, but brainwave, lay passenger seat down and out through huge hole:sneaky:
Unfortunately I have already measured the driver and passenger doors andthey are also too narrow, grrrr.
I even thought of taking out through the rear bedroom window which is big enough. Unfortunately the door from the kitchen area into the bedroom is too narrow!

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Careful now - fridge envy could get expensive ..... but the AES is brilliant and couldn't live without it !
I'm too forgetful to manually switch every time, and no worries if the EHU trips or goes off while you are out, or having to switch to gas when you park up ... etc, etc. :rolleyes:

So far, fitting has been surprisingly easy considering the lack of kitchen space, and the fridge passes through the window no problem.
It's given me a good opportunity to reseal the airtight cabinet where the seals had aged, clean out the dust and dirt, and line it with foil bubble wrap and aluminum tape. The additional insulation can only help. o_O

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Find me one and I will consider it, The tall slim ones are very rare. Mine is the only one Ive seen outside the USA
Tell me what model you have then so I can find a replacement! :D

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have the RML9330 Its a great fridge, both size and performance wise. I would need an RML 9335. But can't see them anywhere.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Unfortunately I have already measured the driver and passenger doors and they are also too narrow, grrrr.
How big is your fridge! Would it come out via the doors if the seats were removed?
I even thought of taking out through the rear bedroom window which is big enough. Unfortunately the door from the kitchen area into the bedroom is too narrow!
... as a last resort ... through the Heki???? :D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure it was the right decision as the 6 series seem ultra reliable while the 7 and 8 series seem to have a lot of issues with faulty circuit boards (according to forums).

Had that problem with our RMD8555. Thank heavens was still under warranty (just)!

I'm too forgetful to manually switch every time, and no worries if the EHU trips or goes off while you are out, or having to switch to gas when you park up ... etc, etc. :rolleyes:

But you need to watch if you stop for a length of time for fuel that the gas doesn't start to kick in.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
How big is your fridge! Would it come out via the doors if the seats were removed?

... as a last resort ... through the Heki???? :D
Its not the size of the fridge thats the problem - its size of the doors!
And the Heki is too small as well :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Its not the size of the fridge thats the problem - its size of the doors!
And the Heki is too small as well :(
What fridge have you got?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for the interest.
It's a great fridge, but I am going full time from summer and was offered a larger 190 litre RMD8555 which I thought might be nice (on a whim) ..... :whistle:
Also, I have 400w of solar so wanted to make use of the excess power. The 8 series has a solar input. Now it appears the 6 series also has one - doh !
It will just fit in the recess with a little modification (literally mm precision).

Both sizes are too big to pass through the hab door, but easily fit through the lounge window, and not heavy with 2 people.

Thought I'd put it on here before eBay. £400 ono ?

Aside: love your avatar

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Looks like the fridge will soon have a long journey to a new home in Bulgaria ! (y)

Just wish I was going with it to escape the weather ..... :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have the RML9330 Its a great fridge, both size and performance wise. I would need an RML 9335. But can't see them anywhere.
Jez ... still wanting an AES one ... ?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I had that problem with our last Hymer caravan. Managed to get the fridge out of it's space, which wasn't easy, and then had to remove the working parts off the back to get it through the door, I think they must have built the van round it!
I always thought the built the inside of the van before the fitted the wall panels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back