Dome or Dish (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
I am wondering about having satalite dish fitted or dome - any advice on best system please
hoping to explore Europe in future - UK until we get used to our new van

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There's a third option, the Snipe, which is open like a dish but appears to be better in high winds. We've got a basic wind-up Maxview dish and it works fine. A dome system is convenient but they add quite a bit of hight to the vehicle and reception is generally a bit poorer than a dish.

Remember you can't get BBC in most of Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
There have been several similar threads on the subject, I think "best" could be relative to personal opinion/experience/requirements etc. Here is an example of a similar recent thread:-

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/aerial-dome-for-easy-uk-tv-viewing.125124/

If you type "dish dome" in the search facility, I suspect you will get a lot of hits.

We had a Camos dome on our first van, which worked ok. We went a bit cheaper on our current can with a Snipe panel/dish which has been good for the 12 months or so we've had it.

OP
OP
lamyj
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
No will not be accepting their offer - but looking to book in with Vanbitz to have alarm - Gaslow & dish or dome installed
Already messed them about by cancelling date on 7th April because of issues with TravelWorld
Will have a Hymer by August so hoping to book in with James either before their 3 week break or immediately after

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back