Dom amott (opinions) (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Havnt bought a motorhome off them but know one or two that have and not heard anything bad about them, only about ten miles away.
Used the shop a bit , good selection but not the cheapest.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Me again
Went there about the time of the Campbells search
Chalk and Cheese compared to Preston mob from a being interested point of view

Didn't buy because they couldn't match my needs, in spite of much effort on their part

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Do you have name of site or link please
If I was in the market and had the money I would buy a static there, some very nice static vans on site. The toilets on the touring area were new last year and are very very nice. If you’re into golf they have a course there as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi all again now that we’ve picked the bones out of campbells ( Preston).
Anyone had any good / bad experiences with Don Amott leisure Derbyshire.
We got our motorhome from them around 7 years ago.
They gave a decent handover and rectified one or two warranty issues well.
We even got a couple of free hab services from them and used their "field" a couple of hundred yards from the site to stay over the night before and after. It even has EHU for a couple of vans.
When I collected the motorhome they picked me up at the airport and drove me to their site.
All in all a good experience and would purchase from them again, albeit would prefer closer to home! They had one of only two nearly new of the model with optional extras we wanted in the UK at the time.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I purchased a new Knaus from them last February and although I was due to collect in April due to Covid it was delayed to June, obviously this was no fault of theirs and all through the process Ben Amott emailed me updates.
The sale was very relaxed we other no pressure and after looking at the same van elsewhere I called and made them an offer a bit below their asking price, after a couple of discussions we agreed a deal again with no pressure.
I have 3 very minor warranty jobs again that can’t get done due to Covid but again I received an email last week saying they hadn’t forgot me, I have to be happy with that so far.
If I had a complaint about them it would minor but still a complaint, at the handover we noticed one of the garage locks didn’t work, they changed it and said they’d order a new one as I now had different keys for each door. I called them after a month and they’d totally forgot so have said they’ll take a look when van is in.
All in all I’d recommend them.

Dec 5, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10 + years
I have bought 2 motorhomes from them now and no complaints .The staff have always treated us well and been quite helpful, if you ignore the cost of servicing and habitation which is not cheap ,( where is these days ) in all a good experience and i will reccommend them to anyone.

Aug 14, 2019
Wilmslow, UK
Funster No
MH
2020 Bessacarr 597
Exp
Bought our motorhome from them. Nice viewing area with a good number of vans, nice showroom and shop. No issues with their service at all. A few niggles fixed in their own workshop prior to collection and really good handover. Would recommend and buy again from them. Surprised they don’t advertise their sales more in the club mags as they have a really good set up.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Bought our motorhome from them. Nice viewing area with a good number of vans, nice showroom and shop. No issues with their service at all. A few niggles fixed in their own workshop prior to collection and really good handover. Would recommend and buy again from them. Surprised they don’t advertise their sales more in the club mags as they have a really good set up.
My van was bought from D A by it's first owner. He highly recommended them.
We for sure will pay them a visit in the not too distant future.

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Gave me a price to buy last van off me. When I said ok after about a week said changed mind didn't want to buy it

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
About 20 yrs ago,changed vans at their showroom and went off to the
North Somercoates site ( free week part of deal ) Realized a couple of days later we had left £100 emergency cash hidden away in the old van. Rang a phone number well after the showroom had shut and was put through to Mrs Amott. She said she would be in the van first thing in the morning,ring again after 10.00hrs. We rang,the money was in the office,to be picked up when we came back. Although it was a long time ago,several mates have bought c/vans-Mo/ho's from them with no bad feelings.
Tea Bag

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Old TV advert for them 'Don Amott - King of Caravans' - been in business since I was little and I was born in 1950.

How the hell else could they still be in business if they were lousy?

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Got a viewing Sunday for new motorhome and comments I’ve read are almost 100% good, hopefully all’s well and can get a good deal that works for the both of us 🤞

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I have contacted them today to see if they have a specific model in stock. They have said they will come back to me.

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
I know they are really busy I’ve been in contact with Claire over my deal she’s been very helpful, hope everything goes ok for you 👍

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Our van is due in for it's first Hab check as need it for the warranty, we also have very minor warranty work needing done, DM contacted me at the beginning of April to arrange these jobs, I mentioned to them I have a Knaus caravan approved mobile guy close by who is willing to do the work but would need the all clear as he doesn't do MH's. DM's contacted Knaus and I have permission to use him as he's on their system, DM have said if any of the jobs are to big for him they will do them as this is to save me doing a 500 mile round trip for them to look and possibly another one for the repairs.

I can't complain about that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back