LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Arrived at Motorhome Friends (QUINTA PEDRO'S) today.
I like it here. It isn't free camping. It's better than that. Sun is out for next few days at least so no need for EHU. That means it will be 4.50 euros per night. :thumb::thumb:
Tonight we turned up for soup, after which we chaps were shown how to hold our sausages over a dish of flames and feed them to our partners. :Eeek:
Don't know about the H & S angle but Tony and I both managed to set our sausages on fire and some of my hair got singed. :Eeek::Eeek: Feeding our sausages to the girls turned out to be lots of fun. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Followed by coffee and biscuits, total cost 3.50 euros each.
Saw a video of the site taken some time ago and was pleased to spot Sundowners. :thumb:
This was going to be a couple of nights stopover but it looks as though it may last a bit longer.::bigsmile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If Pedro gets enough green wine into you, you will become a permanent fixture. :ROFLMAO:

We had thought about moving to Portugal on Wednesday, but with this weather we are having in Spain its far too hot to pack up and travel, a bit cooler yesterday only 29c but today its hot again. :roflmto: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
If Pedro gets enough green wine into you, you will become a permanent fixture. :ROFLMAO:

We had thought about moving to Portugal on Wednesday, but with this weather we are having in Spain its far too hot to pack up and travel, [HI]a bit cooler yesterday only 29c but today its hot again[/HI]. :roflmto: Bob.

Got any salt Bob?:winky:

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
FUN, food, drink and good company at Pedro's

I woke at the dot of 10.00 to my favourite sound of the van cracking in the morning sun. With a cup of tea in hand I went out to sit for a while. Looking up towards the house I saw men at work. The BBQ was being prepared. :Smile: By 11.00 I was having a breakfast of croissants (delivered by the man with a van a short time earlier. Chickens were already splayed out and being turned over hot charcoal, the wonderful smell wafted down to us at the lower end of the site. ::bigsmile:It was going to be a good day. :thumb::thumb:

At 1300 precisely there was a mass exodus from the shade of all eight vans and Dutch & British made their way up to the house. A long table was laid out on the shaded patio and we all were invited inside for a welcome drink. Olives bread and chorizo were ready for us on the tables and the chatting got under way quickly and easily. I believe the term convivial sums it up. :winky:

Bowls of various salads were available in ample supply to accompany the chicken pork and sausages. Our only instructions were that we must visit to replenish our plates twice more. PHEW. :Eeek: Those of you who know me will understand that such a challenge is normally well within my capabilities but today I was tested to my limits. Throughout the meal the wine flowed, red, rose and green. It continued through the puds, consisting of several pies, flans, jelly, chocolate mousse and cream. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have to admit that my heart did not jump for joy when I saw the Bingo cards but it was a hoot. Plus I won chocolate and Cathryn won a bottle of red (I drink red so two wins for me there I think. ::bigsmile:)

Following all this we were led in song by our very own 'Monman' The wine was still flowing when we took our leave for a rather belated siesta. Well it was either leave then in a relatively respectable fashion or have have one more drink and fall over. :ROFLMAO:

All in all another fine day in paradise. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• DSC_1222.jpg
    DSC_1222.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_1227.jpg
    DSC_1227.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_1230.jpg
    DSC_1230.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC_1234.jpg
    DSC_1234.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_1241.jpg
    DSC_1241.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I won chocolate and Cathryn won a bottle of red (I drink red so two wins for me there I think.

Are you saying Cathryn does not like chocolate, :winky: or you never swapped prizes. :whatthe: :roflmto: Bob.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
bum idea

I won chocolate and Cathryn won a bottle of red (I drink red so two wins for me there I think.

Are you saying Cathryn does not like chocolate, :winky: or you never swapped prizes. :whatthe: :roflmto: Bob.

Time and place Bob. You know Cathryn reads this forum. Fancy planting a daft idea like swapseys :ROFLMAO: .:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Told you so :thumb:
We will pick you up after xmas for the run to the sun:Doh:
Diet what diet:ROFLMAO:

Yes Peter you were right this is a great place.
If only we really could stay that long but I could not cope with the heat in high summer.
Diet---------- well yes I will have to get back on that ---- maybe when we leave here. :thumb: :thumb:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Whatever you do on Sunday do not say to Pedro that the soup is " ALRIGHT" or he will make you have four servings

Quintapedro

Campsite Owner Portugal
Feb 20, 2013
N37"09.24 W008"12.34
Funster No
MH
Motorhome Site
Exp
It's you who make it special. ...

Hello my dear friend

Let me tell you that it's a very nice pleasure to read this, not just for me but to all the friends that help me to make it like this....I agree with you that were, we try our best for every one pass a nice time here, but you, yes all of you motorhome people are the one thst make it special, wen same one leaves it's like a friend thar is departing, but the funny thing is the one who arrive fit in the spirit and became a friend to, the site is not perfect and that is not our gold in Motorhome Friends, our gold is make it the most friendly as possible, that you fill lije you wore passing a time with the family. ...

so let me thank you for be part of it, and for share it...:thumb:

Pedro & Mireilli

I woke at the dot of 10.00 to my favourite sound of the van cracking in the morning sun. With a cup of tea in hand I went out to sit for a while. Looking up towards the house I saw men at work. The BBQ was being prepared. :Smile: By 11.00 I was having a breakfast of croissants (delivered by the man with a van a short time earlier. Chickens were already splayed out and being turned over hot charcoal, the wonderful smell wafted down to us at the lower end of the site. ::bigsmile:It was going to be a good day. :thumb::thumb:

At 1300 precisely there was a mass exodus from the shade of all eight vans and Dutch & British made their way up to the house. A long table was laid out on the shaded patio and we all were invited inside for a welcome drink. Olives bread and chorizo were ready for us on the tables and the chatting got under way quickly and easily. I believe the term convivial sums it up. :winky:

Bowls of various salads were available in ample supply to accompany the chicken pork and sausages. Our only instructions were that we must visit to replenish our plates twice more. PHEW. :Eeek: Those of you who know me will understand that such a challenge is normally well within my capabilities but today I was tested to my limits. Throughout the meal the wine flowed, red, rose and green. It continued through the puds, consisting of several pies, flans, jelly, chocolate mousse and cream. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have to admit that my heart did not jump for joy when I saw the Bingo cards but it was a hoot. Plus I won chocolate and Cathryn won a bottle of red (I drink red so two wins for me there I think. ::bigsmile:)

Following all this we were led in song by our very own 'Monman' The wine was still flowing when we took our leave for a rather belated siesta. Well it was either leave then in a relatively respectable fashion or have have one more drink and fall over. :ROFLMAO:

All in all another fine day in paradise. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Arrived at Motorhome Friends (QUINTA PEDRO'S) today.
I like it here. It isn't free camping. It's better than that. Sun is out for next few days at least so no need for EHU. That means it will be 4.50 euros per night. :thumb::thumb:
Tonight we turned up for soup, after which we chaps were shown how to hold our sausages over a dish of flames and feed them to our partners. :Eeek:
Don't know about the H & S angle but Tony and I both managed to set our sausages on fire and some of my hair got singed. :Eeek::Eeek: Feeding our sausages to the girls turned out to be lots of fun. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Followed by coffee and biscuits, total cost 3.50 euros each.
Saw a video of the site taken some time ago and was pleased to spot Sundowners. :thumb:
This was going to be a couple of nights stopover but it looks as though it may last a bit longer.::bigsmile:

See the video of us singing Delhia, the wine made us ALL sing so much better, :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Pedro we miss you.

We moved on from Pedro's a bit over a week ago :cry: and have enjoyed our stay at Praha da Rocha - Portimao. :Smile:We had a good night out at the big red bus with Destination Unknown and other folk from several different countries. ::bigsmile: Another great event was a 'bring something to share' meal at Tom's van. The weather broke and all 13 of us ended up in his rig singing and dancing. :Eeek:
But the draw of the Portuguese barbecued chicken we had at Pedro's meant I had to search out an alternative. We are now moving north and have stopped off at a barragem we used last year. (as advised by JJ - bow down bow down) I have now ordered my BBQ'd chicken for tomorrow evening. The bill for the two coffees and two LARGE wines this afternoon was less than four euros. :thumb:
I know you all want to come but I am not allowed to tell you about where it is. JJ made me promise. :winky:

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OMG

You at the Chicken Restaurant at Monte Rocha!

I am so jealous... plan to be there in a few days as I make my way down to Faro to fly to Blighty for football.

Not many Funsters will call there because it is an off site park up and they are not free loading scumbags who let the side down! :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
OMG

You at the Chicken Restaurant at Monte Rocha!

I am so jealous... plan to be there in a few days as I make my way down to Faro to fly to Blighty for football.

Not many Funsters will call there because it is an off site park up and they are not free loading scumbags who let the side down! :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Cat's out the bag now then.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
just not sure

For some strange reason today my mind wandered onto food and what meat I preferred. Having contemplated the options I think I will stick with the BBQ'd chicken I have already ordered. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSC_1346.jpg
    DSC_1346.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1332.jpg
    DSC_1332.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20140422_150518.jpg
    IMG_20140422_150518.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1352.jpg
    DSC_1352.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_1334.jpg
    DSC_1334.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 25

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
For some strange reason today my mind wandered onto food and what meat I preferred. Having contemplated the options I think I will stick with the BBQ'd chicken I have already ordered. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just get the bu##er down your neck, and enjoy Malcolm & Cathryn. :winky: ........ :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Just get the bu##er down your neck, and enjoy Malcolm & Cathryn. :winky: ........ :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Job done. LOVELY::bigsmile::thumb:

But malcom what did the hairy bikers say :ROFLMAO:

Shhh, not telling them this week but they would have given in too if they were sitting here savouring the aroma. :winky:

Thing is they also BBQ free range pork. Now that has to be worth another visit. :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We tried to escape late at night following the BBQ and mucho red white n green
We went under the wire fell asleep, then woke up in the chicken coup the next morning

Another failed escape ! so we had to stay another 3 days and finaly escaped when no one was looking after the soup night

Stone soup :roflmto: wonderful

Are you still there Monman & Val ?
:ROFLMAO:Resistance is futille you will never leave :ROFLMAO:

Hugs to all
Chrisboyo Nliz

Monman

Free Member
Dec 14, 2012
france & wales
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 1998
We tried to escape late at night following the BBQ and mucho red white n green
We went under the wire fell asleep, then woke up in the chicken coup the next morning

Another failed escape ! so we had to stay another 3 days and finaly escaped when no one was looking after the soup night

Stone soup :roflmto: wonderful

Are you still there Monman & Val ?
:ROFLMAO:Resistance is futille you will never leave :ROFLMAO:

Hugs to all
Chrisboyo Nliz

Hi Chris and Liz,
Yes,we're still at Pedro's prison camp,trying to get an early release for good behaviour.I'm now the capoi.e.camp commandant as Mireille has to rest and Pedro is all at sea every day now the tourist season is in full swing.
Really missing your ukulele.
Best wishes,
Val & Marlo

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Not better than Pedro's

We were just spoilt at Pedro's. That is not to say that the chicken at the barragem wasn't good. It was absolutely delicious but there we just didn't get the rest that Pedro does so well. ::bigsmile:
So we'll done barragem chicken shack but no cigar. We will be back though. :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
chicken mamas is on our port of calls . great place .
one of my neighbours here also as a place juszt south of ourique.
usually haVE A FEW DAYS THERE THEN CHICKEN MAMAs here we come.
didnt get to portugal this winter but might return next winter . all depends on the weather .
there is a handy wash house in one of the villages on the lake side for those with out washing machines in their campers .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Fatima

The Santuario at Fatima is a MUST SEE
I am not in any way religious but I urge all to visit if you are anywhere nearby.

It is not a just a church, it is a huge complex around a gigantic open space with a large open sided covered area for services.

Had not realised it at the time but all the many walkers in high vis vests we had seen on the roads had all been coming here. Some cross the huge square on their knees.

Remember candles can give off quite a lot of heat.

Attachments

• DSC_1372.jpg
    DSC_1372.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_1389.jpg
    DSC_1389.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_1393.jpg
    DSC_1393.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_1400.jpg
    DSC_1400.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_1378.jpg
    DSC_1378.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Classicos at Fatima

Some of the 315 classic cars at a get together on carpark 13. All cars blessed by a priest on the back of a Hummer.

All were Portuguese registered.

Attachments

• DSC_1410.jpg
    DSC_1410.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_1482.jpg
    DSC_1482.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_1443.jpg
    DSC_1443.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_1446.jpg
    DSC_1446.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_1452.jpg
    DSC_1452.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
More Classicos

The only righthand drive was the Rolls

Attachments

• DSC_1487.jpg
    DSC_1487.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_1477.jpg
    DSC_1477.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_1485.jpg
    DSC_1485.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_1450.jpg
    DSC_1450.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_1471.jpg
    DSC_1471.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
We moved on from Fatima to call in and meet up with JJ and had a good night out with him and Griffs. Parked on an Industrial estate. Really quiet on Sat night Sun morning.
Thanks JJ will report back when we have checked up on 'your people' in the west of England :ROFLMAO:

Stayed overnight at Coimbra on the free air. We arrived in full sunshine and the area was heaving with families enjoying life by and on the river. Having emptied and filled from the free facilities we headed off north again. I was disappointed that we had not spent much in Coimbra. Cathryn had vetoed a return visit to a very good restaurant we found last time on the grounds that my weight is on the way up again. Never mind I consoled myself with the thought that 1, we spent a fair amount last time and 2, I won't be on a bloody diet for ever.

Last stop in Portugal was at Chaves, a place in the Dutch Acsi Guide (no facilities but we had used free facilities elsewhere) We arrived at the Co-ordinates given and weren't really at ease in the middle of the crossroads :-SS Cathryn was off looking around the adjacent carpark when the policeman arrived and pointed out that I was not allowed to park in the place clearly marked for the little tourist roadtrain. I felt I needed to explain myself slowly to give Cathryn time to return. No need. The policeman explained that the aire was nearby and if I cared to follow him he would show me where to park (not camp). Cathryn returned and we moved on to park on cobbles next to the river. This is a fantastic place another to which we will return.

First stop in Spain was at A Pontenova. Surprise surprise it was on another free aire. All facilities were in operation and it was a nice spot next to the the river. This time having dodged into a bar to get in out of the rain, Cathryn asked the whereabouts of a restaurant with a good kitchen. We were directed to the 'Estacion' and chose the upmarket 12euro menu. My choice was peppers stuffed with seafood as my first plate. A thick sirloin steak, well salted and seasoned followed. It tasted amazing. I finished with creme caramel and coffee. A large glass of red was included. All in all we have had a great time on our travels but then we always do.

At the moment we are in a bar in Gijon drinking wine and using Free wife. Oh yes and we are also eating free tapas with every glass. Do I feel guilty? No I bloody don't.
This being May 1st it is a bank holiday here. (In Spain they do things on the day, not wait for a nearby Monday.) As we made our way to town today we passed a march. The shirts were marked with 12M and related to a walk of dignity. I recollect protests of a similar nature in the UK in the past. If I can spend my money in local communities rather than dealing with large conglomerates I will do.

IT IS MY CHOICE and yes I am bloody SHOUTING. :shout:

At the moment we don't know what we will do next year but it is likely to include Benidorm in January-February then a return to PORTUGAL. Let's face it we couldn't last a full year without another visit to PEDRO'S.

No plans just possibilities. :thumb:

Attachments

• DSC_1496.jpg
    DSC_1496.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
' At the moment we are in a bar in Gijon drinking wine and using Free wife '

Always thought Spaniards were a bit flighty Malcolm. Trust you consulted with Cathryn first before you used the FREE WIFE :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Safe and enjoyable journey home M&C and good luck with all the summer jobs etc. Look forward to seeing you both again at Stratford/Misterton.

Hugs, Bryan and Anna

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back