Dogs (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes dogs help humans in so many different ways and ask so little in return. There's also police dogs, army dogs, dogs that sniff out drugs and bombs, sheep dogs, search and rescue dogs and more. Assistance dogs includes those who can sense when someone is going to have a seizure or abnormal blood sugars.

Every single problem anyone has with dogs is actually a problem with people, not a dog.
Not really true,,,BUSBY.

slowcoach65

Free Member
Jan 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
A
I don't hate dogs or afraid of them, but just don't see the point of pet dogs, they just cost a fortune , smell, get muck everywhere, shed hairs ruin the furniture, and what for?
Beats me.
IMG_1760.jpeg

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
If I don't like dogs keep them away from me you mean.
I don't go around threatening every dog I meet.
I don't make loud noises all day that make my neighbours life a misery.
I don't crap all over the place so that the joy of walking on grass is out of bounds.
I don't pee on your grass while on the end of a lead and cause it to die. It's Simple.
Wow......You are just like my new neighbor !! Don't suppose you stand in your bedroom window of a night time staring at the locals just incase their dog happens to wee on your grassy bank do you?:rolleyes: Your name isn't Alan is it by any chance? ;)(y)

Spooky that! :Eeek:

Carolyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Wow......You are just like my new neighbor !! Don't suppose you stand in your bedroom window of a night time staring at the locals just incase their dog happens to wee on your grassy bank do you?:rolleyes: Your name isn't Alan is it by any chance? ;)(y)

Spooky that! :Eeek:

Carolyn
Don't criticise me though. Just refute anything I've said if you think any of it is not true.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The bit that ALL problems are caused by humans and not dogs.Its not humans that bite postmen etc.BUSBY.
Of course itā€™s the humanā€™s fault. The dog should be under control at all times. How can you not see that?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Of course itā€™s the humanā€™s fault. The dog should be under control at all times. How can you not see that?
To have a dog under control 24 hours a day for every year of its life makes you either superhuman or a genius.Humans make mistakes.Off course I can see that but life isn't perfect ..Even professional dog owners ie Police sometimes are not in full control of their animals.BUSBY.

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
You need to stay in more.
What on earth did painting it yellow achieve
The parish council supply the paint and I was asked to mark excrement in my end of the village. The paint is temporary, non-toxic and washes away.

It is an evidence based scheme that has been employed elsewhere and is proved to be effective.

It has two main goals:
  1. it raises awareness of the problem and hopefully shames the offender if they see it next time they pass
  2. It alerts people to avoid stepping in it

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
To have a dog under control 24 hours a day for every year of its life makes you either superhuman or a genius.Humans make mistakes.Off course I can see that but life isn't perfect ..Even professional dog owners ie Police sometimes are not in full control of their animals.BUSBY.
This. It will never happen, I had working Springers, and Cockers for yeas, they can and will have a mad day

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
The parish council supply the paint and I was asked to mark excrement in my end of the village. The paint is temporary, non-toxic and washes away.

It is an evidence based scheme that has been employed elsewhere and is proved to be effective.

It has two main goals:
  1. it raises awareness of the problem and hopefully shames the offender if they see it next time they pass
  2. It alerts people to avoid stepping in it
ā€¦..and people may think itā€™s a new ā€˜Banksyā€™ā€¦..?!? ;)

(I didā€¦.)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
A dog should be trained properly in the first place. Having control doesnā€™t mean standing over the dog 24/7, it means being responsible for it. If a dog might attack someone ie the postman, then clearly the dog is out of control. It is always the ownerā€™s fault, always.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
This. It will never happen, I had working Springers, and Cockers for yeas, they can and will have a mad day
Are you saying that your dogs could attack someone on a ā€œmadā€ day?

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Are you saying that your dogs could attack someone on a ā€œmadā€ day?
No, I don't have a dog at the moment, but I've had enough to know they can have an off day when it's not their usual behaviour.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
No, I don't have a dog at the moment, but I've had enough to know they can have an off day when it's not their usual behaviour.
Does an off day result in a dog attacking someone? Thatā€™s the point.

Iā€™ve had dogs all my life and I absolutely maintain that if a dog attacks someone, ie the postman, then the owner is to blame.

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
My little girl (Cockapoo) is over friendly with people, but i do get it if your terrified dogs you have an inner fear. Joycey just absolutely loves people. She is a very well trained dog and is not capable of scaring a butterfly, her only down side is she loves to chase squirrels. I do hope you get over your fear as not all dogs are monsters, i would be more wary of the owners.

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Where ever we go we have to be aware of dogs, prefer dogs not allowed sites. Reason is the wife is scared stupid whenever a dog comes near, she shakes and in the past actually used to scream as well. We appreciate you guy's love your dogs and cannot understand those who don't. I can say from real personal experience that dogs can tear good jacket to shreads, and the owner said "oh they have never done that before." Also had a Jack Russell bite my ankle when i was told "its okay he wont bite" I have have more similar experiences with dogs, even one took a fancy to my leg, the owner thought it was very funny until I added a new pair of trousers to her repair bill.

I am now very wary of them, and do not like taking chances. Though I appreciate some will come back and say they have well behaved dogs and they wont harm anyone. MMMM, a few years back now we were in Brixham Devon, I stumbled and fell over, but a woman was walking her dog and the dog apparently brushed along the leg of another woman who let out a big howl and had a go at the dog owner, as she suffered from serious rash from any type of dog that brushed against her.

So what has your dog done to possibly surprise you or embarrass you.

Oh yes, a dog owner helped me at that time I fell over, a very kind woman.

Flook
Sounds like you are very unlucky around dogs šŸ•

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I don't hate dogs or afraid of them, but just don't see the point of pet dogs, they just cost a fortune , smell, get muck everywhere, shed hairs ruin the furniture, and what for?
Beats me.

But that's their purpose in life, you forgot a key one which is to yack on the carpet in the early hours:LOL:

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Where ever we go we have to be aware of dogs, prefer dogs not allowed sites. Reason is the wife is scared stupid whenever a dog comes near, she shakes and in the past actually used to scream as well. We appreciate you guy's love your dogs and cannot understand those who don't. I can say from real personal experience that dogs can tear good jacket to shreads, and the owner said "oh they have never done that before." Also had a Jack Russell bite my ankle when i was told "its okay he wont bite" I have have more similar experiences with dogs, even one took a fancy to my leg, the owner thought it was very funny until I added a new pair of trousers to her repair bill.

I am now very wary of them, and do not like taking chances. Though I appreciate some will come back and say they have well behaved dogs and they wont harm anyone. MMMM, a few years back now we were in Brixham Devon, I stumbled and fell over, but a woman was walking her dog and the dog apparently brushed along the leg of another woman who let out a big howl and had a go at the dog owner, as she suffered from serious rash from any type of dog that brushed against her.

So what has your dog done to possibly surprise you or embarrass you.

Oh yes, a dog owner helped me at that time I fell over, a very kind woman.

Flook
How long were you standing there watching the dog 'do stuff' to your leg before the trousers needed repaired?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back