Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
One of my biker pals had a very old Labrador that he let out for a 'comfort' stroll in his large garden last thing at night. It hated the rain so in really bad weather it used to reverse half out of the porch just far enough for a wee.
Tom, our dog, hates the rain and wet grass - I have to pick him up and take him out in the garden - sometimes he just pretends to have a wee and bolts back in unless blocked!:LOL:

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I appreciate we are not all dog lovers. I could not imagine our muttly scaring any one.He takes chilled out to another level.
We’re we were today there were lots of dogs”Sutton Hoo”. Whilst sat waiting for management with muttly a terrier type of dog came in and proceeded to snarl and bark at every dog it saw. Muttly hid behind the bench. The owners never told it off and ignored it’s nasty manner.
I am always afraid it will do that with a young child with a bad ending. A little boy came up to muttly and poked him saying nice doggy. Muttly wasn’t at all bothered but would that terrier have reacted the same way.
The site we are on is welcoming to dogs and let them wander off there leads. The site dogs are free to wander. Not a good place iff you are not good with dogs.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
138go i believe that chaser is a farmer type so sees the need for working dogs but not pet's.
Absolutely, had cow dogs all my life, wouldn't have one in the house or motorhome though, in my op I did say pet dogs, no complaints with a working dog.
Edit should have said my working life, never seen the need for a dog for the last twenty years since the cows went.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Hate dogs! Trouble is that dog owners cant understand why I should object to having my space invaded by their pet.

Just found this on the verge outside my house (yellow paint is my addition!)

Peter

View attachment 527681
Wow….I thought it was a new Banksy…….!;)

Seriously though, it really p!sses me off when owners do not clear-up after their pooches have left a deposit - we have four dogs and are very particular about using poo bags for their intended purpose - and putting them in a bin rather than wait for the ‘Poo Fairy’ to dispose of them……:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I don't hate dogs or afraid of them, but just don't see the point of pet dogs, they just cost a fortune , smell, get muck everywhere, shed hairs ruin the furniture, and what for?
Beats me.
Ever thought of the dogs and their marvellous keepers who work for a living keeping you safe when at airports or the ones who are used to check for narcotics or drugs of any sorts .....Oh what about the ones who are used for sniffing out bombs ? With respect to you and yours........You only know half of it! The bit you have forgotten to add is ........Its the owner or trainer that screws them up! Look on the RSPCA web sites and see just how many have been dumped because their owners (Loosley chosen words there i will add !) cannot be arsed to look after them any more and so they get thrown away!
There is nothing wrong with whatever animal it may be........the problem starts and stops with the human race! Some of them anyway!

Wow........fell in to kevs shoes there for a moment! Bless him..... :lips:

Carolyn

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Knew I was sticking my neck out over this :).

1). I dont have a cat.
2) I have no problem with well behaved dogs/owners and rescue/assistance dogs.

It's the thoughtless owners that annoy me as so many assume that everyone likes dogs when some of us are genuinely scared of them and cannot stand their unhygienic habits.

Rant over!
I do think you are brave, sticking your head above the para{PET). I would hazard a guess the most motorhomers have dogs, often more than one. I'm a little wary of dogs, especially ones that rush up to you (the owner often appears and says, "don't worry, he/she won't hurt you"). (Thanks for that, but it just ran at me. I'm still alive, so you must be right). I do like the look of some dogs, but couldn't be @rsed with all the hastle. Italics are unintentional.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hate dogs! Trouble is that dog owners cant understand why I should object to having my space invaded by their pet.

Peter

View attachment 527681
You need to stay in more.
What on earth did painting it yellow achieve

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I do think you are brave, sticking your head above the para{PET). I would hazard a guess the most motorhomers have dogs, often more than one. I'm a little wary of dogs, especially ones that rush up to you (the owner often appears and says, "don't worry, he/she won't hurt you"). (Thanks for that, but it just ran at me. I'm still alive, so you must be right). I do like the look of some dogs, but couldn't be @rsed with all the hastle. Italics are unintentional.
Three things guaranteed to cause outrage,,dogs,cycles and driving ability..BUSBY.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I would agree some dogs are like some people, no matter how you try to work with them they just don't respond positively.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Cat owners never clear up. I gave up growing salad stuff due to their filth in my seed beds and lettuce, radish, spring onions, also beetroot, parsnips.............
I fully agree about the cats, there are about 4 or 5 near me that really like my garden for some reason and they crap all over it. I've tried everything except one thing to stop them but they keep coming back, at least most dog owners do clean up after their pets

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
66CF2471-9168-4867-AF2E-F70096506B49.jpeg
I'd like to
Apologize on behalf of my highly trained killer retreivers. Sadly every walk we ever take with them is twice as long with people asking to stroke video and photo them. My wife is getting fed up with the attention I'm getting from yummy mummies!

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
Mine recently snarled at a delivery driver at door who was (lost!) , turned out he was casing the road looking for a target to burgle, was caught on camera next day & subsequently arrested. He normally rolls over to have his tummy rubbed.
Who, the dog or the delivery driver?

Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Twelve months and still learning.

Peter

View attachment 527681

A barker's nest!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Think it was at the Tewksbury site, walking back to the van and this Collie, off the lead!! rushed up to me and leapt up!

I gave it such a swipe while it was still in mid air and knocked it on it's arse, the owner was incensed!

"He was only being friendly!!" I didn't know that!. Read the fella his pedigree, told him that Dogs should be kept on leads while on site (club rules!) and if the Dog had landed, on my light blue Jeans , HE, the owner, would have had a dry cleaning bill!

Been a Dog owner most of all my married life, all rescue dogs, none of them have jumped up on anyone, without being asked.

The Dog should not control you! You, as a responsible Dog owner , should control the Dog.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

Every single problem anyone has with dogs is actually a problem with people, not a dog.

I stand by my sweeping statement. Unless a dog is wild, it is always the full responsibility of a human.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
If you don't like dogs keep away from them it's simple.
If I don't like dogs keep them away from me you mean.
I don't go around threatening every dog I meet.
I don't make loud noises all day that make my neighbours life a misery.
I don't crap all over the place so that the joy of walking on grass is out of bounds.
I don't pee on your grass while on the end of a lead and cause it to die. It's Simple.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Peter

View attachment 527681
🤣 👍
an X neighbor of ours used to stick little birthday candles in any poo she found outside her house on the verge and leave little notes on little posts next to it.
( I often though it’d just be easier to pick it up. )
Yet she had cats that used to poo everywhere else but their garden 🤷‍♀️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back