Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Where ever we go we have to be aware of dogs, prefer dogs not allowed sites. Reason is the wife is scared stupid whenever a dog comes near, she shakes and in the past actually used to scream as well. We appreciate you guy's love your dogs and cannot understand those who don't. I can say from real personal experience that dogs can tear good jacket to shreads, and the owner said "oh they have never done that before." Also had a Jack Russell bite my ankle when i was told "its okay he wont bite" I have have more similar experiences with dogs, even one took a fancy to my leg, the owner thought it was very funny until I added a new pair of trousers to her repair bill.

I am now very wary of them, and do not like taking chances. Though I appreciate some will come back and say they have well behaved dogs and they wont harm anyone. MMMM, a few years back now we were in Brixham Devon, I stumbled and fell over, but a woman was walking her dog and the dog apparently brushed along the leg of another woman who let out a big howl and had a go at the dog owner, as she suffered from serious rash from any type of dog that brushed against her.

So what has your dog done to possibly surprise you or embarrass you.

Oh yes, a dog owner helped me at that time I fell over, a very kind woman.

Flook

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Dog's have a sixth sense (like many other animals) & often know when someone is dubious! Mine recently snarled at a delivery driver at door who was (lost!) , turned out he was casing the road looking for a target to burgle, was caught on camera next day & subsequently arrested. He normally rolls over to have his tummy rubbed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Hate dogs! Trouble is that dog owners cant understand why I should object to having my space invaded by their pet.

Just found this on the verge outside my house (yellow paint is my addition!)

Peter

20210817_121021.jpg

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Plenty of good dogs rescue dogs guide dogs assistance dogs so not all bad. I would suggest you would have a far less stressful life if you learned to accept them and relinquished your fear . Dont want to sound harsh but it would help im sure.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Hate dogs! Trouble is that dog owners cant understand why I should object to having my space invaded by their pet.

Just found this on the verge outside my house (yellow paint is my addition!)

Peter

Cat owners never clear up. I gave up growing salad stuff due to their filth in my seed beds and lettuce, radish, spring onions, also beetroot, parsnips.............

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
I have a perfect dog, apart from barking at one postman who is terrified of dogs and she seems to know, any other postman she is fine with

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Knew I was sticking my neck out over this :).

1). I dont have a cat.
2) I have no problem with well behaved dogs/owners and rescue/assistance dogs.

It's the thoughtless owners that annoy me as so many assume that everyone likes dogs when some of us are genuinely scared of them and cannot stand their unhygienic habits.

Rant over!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Where ever we go we have to be aware of dogs,
I smiled a little at your post as your user name reminded me of one of my all time favourite books.....

Amazon product ASIN B0050AM5IA
A 'little' anthropomorphic, but a very well told story, especially if you like dogs!!

When the Amazon link opens, you can click on the "look inside" link to read the first chapter for free.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our dog ate half of the Christmas cake that my daughter-in-law had lovingly made, fed with brandy and iced beautifully. This was years ago, I still feel mortified.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Love dogs, as far as I‘m concerned they are part of the family, and whilst our dogs are of course perfect, even if they weren’t they would still be part of the family, like an embarrassing old uncle. Being rescues, I like to think they don’t suffer the strains and stresses of selective breeding and being owned by people who look on them as an expensive accessories , and therefore have much more rounded personalities.
I do however understand people who are nervous around dogs. Having been bitten by a dog, in understandable circumstances when I was very small, I spent most of my teen years being very wary of dogs, especially large ones until in adulthood I learnt to br leader of the pack.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Our dog ate half of the Christmas cake that my daughter-in-law had lovingly made, fed with brandy and iced beautifully. This was years ago, I still feel mortified.
I was on a camp many years ago with a new pup, while I was talking with another camper the little dog demolished someone's picnic. Cost me a takeaway for four. It's funny now, but wasn't at the time.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
I was quite badly bitten by a Sheepdog when I was five. Top lip badly torn. Stitched back on in hospital. For a few years I was scared of dogs but realised there are a lot of dogs about so I made serious efforts to interact with them. I now happily wear a tee shirt with The Dogfather on it. I do get bullied by our two dogs though. 🤣

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
Just my personal opinion but I have met more dogs I like that humans, at least they don't try and force their opinions onto others. If you don't like dogs keep away from them it's simple.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Dog's have a sixth sense (like many other animals) & often know when someone is dubious! Mine recently snarled at a delivery driver at door who was (lost!) , turned out he was casing the road looking for a target to burgle, was caught on camera next day & subsequently arrested. He normally rolls over to have his tummy rubbed.
First time I've ever heard of a would be burglar rolling over to have his tummy rubbed!:rolleyes::whistle2::giggle: Was he like this guy:rofl:?

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Just my personal opinion but I have met more dogs I like that humans, at least they don't try and force their opinions onto others. If you don't like dogs keep away from them it's simple.
That may be true but my problem is that dogs force themselves on me. Not many strangers come up and leap on me or sniff in unmentionable places. I can avoid humans I don't like but not dogs. Why should I have to avoid them (and how) since they are everywhere?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Plenty of good dogs rescue dogs guide dogs assistance dogs so not all bad. I would suggest you would have a far less stressful life if you learned to accept them and relinquished your fear . Dont want to sound harsh but it would help im sure.
Yes dogs help humans in so many different ways and ask so little in return. There's also police dogs, army dogs, dogs that sniff out drugs and bombs, sheep dogs, search and rescue dogs and more. Assistance dogs includes those who can sense when someone is going to have a seizure or abnormal blood sugars.

Every single problem anyone has with dogs is actually a problem with people, not a dog.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I don't hate dogs or afraid of them, but just don't see the point of pet dogs, they just cost a fortune , smell, get muck everywhere, shed hairs ruin the furniture, and what for?
Beats me.
I'll bite as my dog never would, unless you've had a pet dog, then I guess you must find it difficult to understand the love they give you. To answer your queries, they don't actually cost a fortune but any money spent is worth every penny. They smell of dog, much like you smell of human. We keep our dog clean, with regular grooming and a clean basket. They don't get muck everywhere, I'm quite house proud/motorhome proud so I can confirm this is not an issue. They do shed but again regular grooming takes care of this. They don't ruin furniture.

Our lives pretty much revolve around our dog, in terms of two walks a day, every day. That's a part of dog owning that is very good for us. We're out in all weathers something we wouldn't do, without a dog. Our dog loves to chase a ball and this has made walks in the park or on the beach a joy.

If we do leave our dog, she is ecstatic to see us when we return. She's also pleased to see you in the morning. If you're feeling down, the dog knows and makes a special effort to cuddle up to you.

Anyway, we love our dog and she loves us. I hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back