Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we don't charge for dogs, there is a dog walk and dog mess bins. Yet we often have to pick up after others. It is those who don't pick up or shove it in the hedge that causes the extra work and will no doubt be responsible for many sites charging. Gives responsible dog owners a whole new meaning.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
we don't charge for dogs, there is a dog walk and dog mess bins and we often have to pick up after others, it is those who don't pick up or shove it in the hedge that causes the extra work and will no doubt be responsible for many sites charging, gives responsible dog owners a whole new meaning.
That about sums it up really.
There are some owners that give the rest a bad name, and well done for not charging for a pet on your site.
Been to a few and TBH, I don't mind paying for the dog, if I cannot accept the responsibilities that pet ownership brings then I shouldn't be permitted to keep her, and that includes additional expenses to use facilities. Pretty simple really.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You know, its vandals like that dog owner who are RUINING the picnic sites of this country!! Tich tich. Allowing a poo covered dog to sit on a public eating area. And what if a family, complete with delinquent parents, wish to use that facility, in order to set up a disposable barbie, and set the whole damned lot on fire?

Disgusted, Lancashire.......:(:(:(:(;)
It's only Chelsea fans who do something like that isn't it? :LOL:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
It's only Chelsea fans who do something like that isn't it? :LOL:
Maybe your right. After yesterday, I would have thought it was Man City fans................................:sneaky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I thought that was Burnley not burny :LOL:

I'm thinking of a particular incident at a rally Dave. In fairness though it was a stand alone plastic step rather than a picnic table :LOL:
I tend to carry a couple of brick Graham, for propping the wife up in the loo. You can stand a disposable barbie on them when cooking, but wait until they cool before you return them to the (y)loo.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I tend to carry a couple of brick Graham, for propping the wife up in the loo. You can stand a disposable barbie on them when cooking, but wait until they cool before you return them to the (y)loo.
You're so kind and thoughtful aren't you. Most ladies would have been embarrassed by such a selfless attitude and b*gg***d off long ago :LOL::LOL:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You're so kind and thoughtful aren't you. Most ladies would have been embarrassed by such a selfless attitude and b*gg***d off long ago :LOL::LOL:
Its my natural charm, G, and my refusal to point out spelling mistakes to her. (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Charm? Is that where all your warlocks comes from? :sneaky:
You always mention my warlocks. I'm really starting to wonder about you. :(

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Yes its just another way to squeeze more money out of us ,but complain about sites ,what about the ferries £30 return on the ferries and tunnel to France ,We take two dogs ,one cat £90 return and they never leave the motorhome.!.All caged up they cannot even look out of the windows LOL.
The ferry companies have an excuse - they have to provide the Pet Passport checking facilities.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
........... and I guess that's one of the reasons, given a choice, I'd prefer a site that doesn't accept dogs.
Do you let your dog sit on your dining table at home?
I agree. I'm sure the dog is laden with disease just waiting to infect the first person to eat a meal off the table. That'll be the one that has had people with unwashed hands, kids with sleeves used to wipe their faces, babies' nappies changed, and probably every type of bird, on it? Dogs don't pass on diseases - people do.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Dogs don't pass on diseases - people do.
Rabies !!!!!!

Still given the choice it would be prudent not to let a dog sit on a table that humans are likely to use in the future for the purposes of eating at.
Appreciate wild animals may visit but we as intelligent species can make the choice for our animal friends and most certainly won't let a dog sit on a table.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Rabies !!!!!!

Still given the choice it would be prudent not to let a dog sit on a table that humans are likely to use in the future for the purposes of eating at.
Appreciate wild animals may visit but we as intelligent species can make the choice for our animal friends and most certainly won't let a dog sit on a table.
Are you gonna tell him or shall I ?

Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Rabies !!!!!!

That's my point really - as the intelligent species we worry about all the nasty things animals might pass on to us when some will change nappies on a picnic table and/or allow their children to sit or stand on it. And as an intelligent species we surely wouldn't eat food directly off the table. So whilst I would not allow my dog to jump onto a picnic table it doesn't concern me greatly that others might do so.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
That's my point really - as the intelligent species we worry about all the nasty things animals might pass on to us when some will change nappies on a picnic table and/or allow their children to sit or stand on it. And as an intelligent species we surely wouldn't eat food directly off the table. So whilst I would not allow my dog to jump onto a picnic table it doesn't concern me greatly that others might do so.

It's pretty obvious that from this thread, and many many similar threads on umpteen forums, there is, and always will be, differing views about the place of dogs in society.
There is an attitude found in many dog keeping circles that "our dog is special to us so everyone else will like him/her too" (and anything they do is acceptable).

There are also other groups of people who don't keep dogs, not because they don't like dogs but they just don't want dogs in their space.

Frequently the dog keeping people just don't see, or don't want to see, that their beloved pet is not always welcome in places shared by other people.

And so the debate will go on, and one and.............:)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It's pretty obvious that from this thread, and many many similar threads on umpteen forums, there is, and always will be, differing views about the place of dogs in society.
There is an attitude found in many dog keeping circles that "our dog is special to us so everyone else will like him/her too" (and anything they do is acceptable).

There are also other groups of people who don't keep dogs, not because they don't like dogs but they just don't want dogs in their space.

Frequently the dog keeping people just don't see, or don't want to see, that their beloved pet is not always welcome in places shared by other people.

The same also applies to kids.

I hate parents who just let their little brats scream and shout and don't give a damn.

I'm not averse to having a quiet word ;)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
The same also applies to kids.

I hate parents who just let their little brats scream and shout and don't give a damn.

I'm not averse to having a quiet word ;)

:);)You are not moaning are you Yorick:rofl::rofl:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
S
The ferry companies have an excuse - they have to provide the Pet Passport checking facilities.
we questioned a ferry Company as to why we could have a vehicle with up to nine passengers for the quoted price but, if there were just two of us we had to pay extra for the dog.

They explained that the charge goes directly to DEFRA to cover the cost of the Pet Passport scheme . The ferry Company doesn't keep the fee.

Eurotunnel will not allow you to pay for a dog via Tesco vouchers for the same reason.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I suspect that if sites put it in black & white they would get more flak than they do by simply charging for dogs. One has only to see how vociferous some of the pro-dog lobby are when anyone says anything against dogs :D
Discrimination . All creatures are equal except smokers & dogs.:)

When you know you're wrong and you're in a hole - stop digging and climb out with some dignity.
Dogs don't belong on tables where other people may well be eating after you've left.
I had childless friends who set the table for Sunday dinner & each dog had a seat & ate at the table. :Eeek:They changed caravans when the dogs didn't like one & always took them when purchasing . Dogs didn't like anything it didn't get bought.::bigsmile:

Same with kids, drinkers, keep fit, cyclists,etc.:smiley:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If people don't like to be in the company of dogs surely they can choose a different site.. We choose sites because they allow dogs.
Rules should be enforced though....
(although I'm sure when they are the wardens are called a sports of names)
Rules work for us..

Here's a pic for the table lovers :)
PSX_20150328_142257.jpg

Attachments

• PSX_20150328_142257.jpg
    PSX_20150328_142257.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!