Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
We have 9 dogs and it cost us more for the dog's once at one camp site then for the 3 adults. But most of the time I get buy one get one free. Everyone on the site thought we had only got 2 or 3 dogs.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Ive came across it a few times and as you say...its nothing but a money making exercise.

Isn't that what 'business' is all about? If they don't make money there will be no camping site. I'm self employed and my aim is to make money. :)

However as a customer YOU have the choice to spend your hard earned cash with them or to take it elsewhere. Also as has been said perhaps they don't really want dogs on the site.

Let me just say that I am a dog owner (Chihuahua which does not take up much space) so I'm not anti-dog. However she thinks she is a large Rottweiler! Here she is trying to have a lie-in! :)

Keith Hart
IMG_1779-800.jpg

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Also the number of people that don't clear up after there pets leaving it for the wardens to deal with is much higher than you would imagine.
As a new dog owner , I can confirm that a lot of people do not clean up after there dogs . if you speak to dog owners though , everybody clears up after there dog and nobody ever throws the bagged waste into the bushes .
I could imagine these people thinking f*** it , I've paid £2.50 , I'm not picking that up !
Is it really worth getting excited over a few bob?
Look after the pennies , the pounds look after themselves . a mentality I have lived my life by , most of the time through necessity , but I don't like being treated like the golden goose .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As a new dog owner , I can confirm that a lot of people do not clean up after there dogs . if you speak to dog owners though , everybody clears up after there dog and nobody ever throws the bagged waste into the bushes .
I could imagine these people thinking f*** it , I've paid £2.50 , I'm not picking that up !

Look after the pennies , the pounds look after themselves . a mentality I have lived my life by , most of the time through necessity , but I don't like being treated like the golden goose .

I own a campsite, so talk from experience, not all dog owners are responsible.

Re a golden goose, the £1.00 we charge for dogs, wont make us rich lol

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We don't have a pooch, but it seems to me that some sites overcharge for a dog in the way that Amazon or Tesco ask an inordinate sum for various articles, just to put you off. (as in the issue when they provide no 'services'. I don't think they want them.
Their choice though. As Eddie said, plenty of sites can sell the pitches anyway.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If I owned a business I could charge whatever I like.

This leaves 2 things...

1) the customer doesn't have to pay :)

2) the customer doesn't have to moan:)

Reactions: GJH

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
With having the 9 dogs I have even cleaned up after other people's dogs as I don't won't to get the blame. You pay what you pay as they are on holiday as well. My dogs are my babies. It not the dogs it's the owners some are good and some not so.

Attachments

• IMG_104254752410329.jpeg
    IMG_104254752410329.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 29

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class

If you are referring to me in this post, then I take offence.

I always pick up after my dogs.

I stand by what I said.
Campsites that have no facilities for dogs should not charge for dogs, simples.
I am in a site in Benidorm at the moment that does not charge for dogs at all but does have a brand new doggy shower.
All the dogs on this site are well behaved and all owners pick up after their dogs.
If sites like La Salata charge 2.5 euros per dog with no facilities for dogs then they are are just rip of merchants.
If a service is provided then I have said that I am willing to pay a charge, but no facilities, then what am I paying for?

and yes I know I have a choice and from now on I will choose very carefully.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Sadly it`s true some dog owners just don`t pick up the mess, I`ve seen people at night open the caravan or motorhome door kick our the dog and then a few minutes later let it back in again.
I was walking through Chester the other day and a couple were walking with a staffy, the dog crapped on the payment and they walked on.
I asked them did they think that was right and they looked astonished that anyone would confront them.

There are no bad dogs just bad dog owners.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Yes! There were only 5 'vans over Christmas but got busier towards New Year.

We go the same weeks every year so get the same pitch on the upper level opposite the shower block, as you say the views are amazing, on a clear day you can see all the way up to Lundy Island.

Apparently St Ives is a buzzing place to be for New Year.
Good food in The Sloop.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
AS far as I know ACSI sites out of season all allow one dog in the price. Some provide facilities for dogs and some don't (Meg hates having a shower anyway).

We would never consider staying anywhere that didn't allow dogs.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
If you are referring to me in this post, then I take offence.

I always pick up after my dogs
Sorry if you think that was aimed at you , but I can't see how you did , I was talking about people I meet and talk to when out with my dog .
I do agree with you though , if no facilities are provided specifically for dogs , how can they justify charging for them .

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
OK Eddie , a polite question , what facilities do you provide for that £1 ?

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
What's next? Moaning about how much the washing machines cost?
People often discuss the costs of things on forums , that's all it is , discussion .
If the cost of EHU is expensive / cheap .
Being charged extra for a car , the price of the washing machines .
I personally more than enjoy life and when I'm not discussing stuff , do indeed just get on with it .

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
I often "pick up" for dogs owned by others.

I don't bend down though... I use my shoes. The muck just sticks to them.

JJ :cool:
Sadly , joking apart , this is very true . many of the walks I go on , I wouldnt ,if I didn't have a dog , because of the likelihood of stepping in dog muck .

OP
OP
Bobby22

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
What's next? Moaning about how much the washing machines cost?

How much for EHU?

Cost for a car?

Just enjoy life. Not moan about stuff :)

Isn't this an oxymoron???:whistle::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back