Dogs left in van (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner lysoe 744
Exp
We are going to Gatwick later to drop our lad at the airport. We want to visit a curry house we like. We are staying at the mand cc site in Gatwick. Is it ok to leave dogs in the van unsupervised at night? Thanks Jo

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Yes they are more comfortable in there own environment after all they sleep all night without your supervision so long as it's well behaved go & enjoy yourselves cheers Rod

OP
OP
Mamma J
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner lysoe 744
Exp
Thanks. I have looked at the terms and nothing on the web site. Cheers and I am sure we will ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
As long as they remain quiet, you shouldn't have a problem

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dillon often gets left alone in the van..
We have done it since he was 6 months old
Providing your dog is not one of the dread yappers that can drive folk batchy it will not be a problem

Your best bet is to lock up and wander out of sight
Stay out of sight for a while and then creep back and listen
If all quiet great stuff..
If barking or yapping book an extra place in the curry house ! :xThumb::xrofl:

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Mine are fine, but I guess they are all different, but as Jaws suggests, a dummy run should tell you.

I leave the TV on and make sure they can't see out, all hell would break loose if there were rabbits and foxes strolling by!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My 3 are occasionally left in charge of the van whilst we have an evening out. Although Merlin sometimes howls for 10 minutes, they soon settle and only bark if there is a potential problem

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our Westie seems perfectly happy when we leave him on his own for a while - we have asked neighbours to listen out in case there was ever a problem but he appears to behave himself.

Mind, he goes absolutely nuts when we get back........................................!

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Dillon often gets left alone in the van..
We have done it since he was 6 months old
Providing your dog is not one of the dread yappers that can drive folk batchy it will not be a problem

Your best bet is to lock up and wander out of sight
Stay out of sight for a while and then creep back and listen
If all quiet great stuff..
If barking or yapping book an extra place in the curry house ! :xThumb::xrofl:
There are no dogs within 3 miles of our local curry house

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
At home Kerry is dead quiet until she hears my key in the door, then she howls like she's being murdered... but in the van, the best she can muster is a stretch as she stands up & gentle wag of the tail.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Ours just sleeps, very happy to be left, nice bed, blanket, water and biscuits. She is in her ideal place.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Well our little fella from outside the door sleeps every night on the right of the door, when we go out as I’m closing the door I see him dart to the left which is straight onto the bed, Luxury Duvet,what’s not to like ,get in there,he never moves until we come back, sweet dreams.
I’m happy knowing he’s happy.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
We are going to Gatwick later to drop our lad at the airport. We want to visit a curry house we like. We are staying at the mand cc site in Gatwick. Is it ok to leave dogs in the van unsupervised at night? Thanks Jo
Ring the site and ask if it would be ok the wardens will let you know.
We where at Eye Kettleby lakes a month ago and the people next to us left dog ? in van while going up to bar it barked solid for an hour. All we got when they came back was it doesn’t usually do that. And to crown it all next morning the dog was off lead and had come under van into our awning and shit and pissed.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Parked on a site at bath next door left their dog in the MH for about 4 hrs and it never stopped barking the whole time so I suppose some are ok some are not, not nice if you are next to a barking dog that never stops

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We always close all the blinds and front screen..as our two tend to bark if they see another dog passing by but are quiet when all the blinds are closed thankfully lol .

Kath

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
I'll be doing it new years eve. Setting up a 12v cctv and then a mifi router so I can keep watch.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Parked on a site at bath next door left their dog in the MH for about 4 hrs and it never stopped barking the whole time so I suppose some are ok some are not, not nice if you are next to a barking dog that never stops
Must have thought you were dodgy!!!

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We were on a site and a dog in the MH opposite barked from about 6pm to 10pm. There were many unhappy campers, especially when its owner was found sitting in the campsite bar from where he could probably hear his dog.
If you think your dog might bark then leave your contact number with some-one so you can come back and deal with it. It is one reason we tend to avoid campsites.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Ring the site and ask if it would be ok the wardens will let you know.
We where at Eye Kettleby lakes a month ago and the people next to us left dog ? in van while going up to bar it barked solid for an hour. All we got when they came back was it doesn’t usually do that. And to crown it all next morning the dog was off lead and had come under van into our awning and shit and pissed.
It must have known you didn't like him! sorry couldn't resist

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There are no dogs within 3 miles of our local curry house
Surprisingly low number of cats too?. (actually happened in a HULL Chinese Restaurant, back in the 70`s) The "health" people found a freezer full of what where found to be "missing" Moggies!. Their "chicken" chow main was actually brilliant too!. AND, in certain far eastern ports, you NEVER ask what the meat is!, In Belgium I believe you can still get Cheveux on the menu?.

Back on Post; Our dog usually goes into a sulk, in her bed, and then goes mad on our return. If we have eaten out, the little "doggie" bag of "treats", makes up for it!. As it did lunchtime to-day at home, dogs are allowed in the bar but not the restaurant.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
In Belgium I believe you can still get Cheveux on the menu?.

Whereas in quite a number of places in France, one can still purchase horsemeat ! This very summer, in the Marais Poitevin area, there was an exclusively horsemeat butcher's stall.

I have yet to see hair on a menu, anywhere though!

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
No

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back