Dogs in Italy? (1 Viewer)

Nojazz

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Funster No
We will be travelling to Italy very soon on our way back to the UK from Greece. We have our campsites organised thanks to the advice from this forum, but have found conflicting information re dogs in Italy.We have our 2 dogs with us. Some websites say that dogs should be muzzled when in public places and others say only those on the dangerous dogs list should be muzzled. Has anyone any experience of taking their pets to Italy. We will have to abide by whatever the law states but we can't seem to find the definitive answer. Any help gratefully recieved.

Nojazz

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
We took our Golden Retriever to Italy several times and she never had a muzzle. The only dogs that I have noticed with muzzles on are what I would term the 'dangerous' types, but saying that I have seen many agressive looking dogs without muzzles. IMO I think that providing the dog is kept on a lead and is under control no one would be concerned about a muzzle.

Phil.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
muzzles

In Italy last year and noted when we went on public transport i.e. buses, dogs were muzzled before they went on board. Didn't see too many dogs otherwise Best to carry one and do as the locals do.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davehuge

Free Member
Mar 15, 2008
Here, there n everywhere!
Funster No
Keeping your dog muzzled?

We spent 10 months in Italy, working our way down the west coast, over to Sicily and then Sardinia.

We don't recall seeing any muzzled dogs, in fact does anyone follow any laws in Italy?

Hope you have a great time!

falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We will be travelling to Italy very soon on our way back to the UK from Greece. We have our campsites organised thanks to the advice from this forum, but have found conflicting information re dogs in Italy.We have our 2 dogs with us. Some websites say that dogs should be muzzled when in public places and others say only those on the dangerous dogs list should be muzzled. Has anyone any experience of taking their pets to Italy. We will have to abide by whatever the law states but we can't seem to find the definitive answer. Any help gratefully recieved.

Nojazz

I am presently in southern Italy and to be honest have not seen one muzzled dog yet. I have seen them up north once as somebody said on public transport which I thought was quite respnsible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

Nojazz

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Funster No
Dogs in Italy

Thank you everyone for your replies, I am grateful.
I was hoping that we wouldn't need the muzzles as our dogs have never been muzzled (except at the vets -usually when having temperature taken!!!) and they don't take kindly to having their faces caged. They are labradoodles and are very good natured so I hope we don't have to subject them to this - I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Nojazz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back