Dogs Health Certification Incorrect (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2020
Ferndown, BH22 9sg, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all we were turned away from Portsmouth Britannia Docks today Friday

We followed all guidance and completed the forms with the vet but after a cost of £163;40 he got it wrong

The forms were all completed correctly and signed stamped correctly, an additional page of a copy of the dogs pet passport page of Rabies vaccine (page 8 of 32 in the Pet Passport) was attached signed and stamped as page 10.

What was missing?

In the vets guidance from DEFRA page 3 it states.
The certificate must also be accompanied by OV certified copies of:

* the identification and vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)

So you say What was missing?

Event though our dogs micro chip number was on all the documentation and they scanned her for the micro chip number and that was correct.

They wanted a copy the pet passport page with her Pet Passport page 6 for her micro chip details.

The silly thing is they the authorities say the Pet Passport is not acceptable (but copy signed by the vet is)?

So we rushed back to the Vets 50 miles missed the Ferry The vet has had to re do all and add a Page 11 to the new document.

We have now booked again for Sunday as there are no pet cabins left on Saturday's ferry.

The guidance from DEFRA should have read.

* A) the identification and B) vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)

Who voted for B******t not me

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Blooming 'eck.

That is not good. Sorry to hear about this. I often wonder if we will take my stepdaughters dog with us as and when we venture abroad but....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They wanted a copy the pet passport page with her Pet Passport page 6 for her micro chip details.

The silly thing is they the authorities say the Pet Passport is not acceptable (but copy signed by the vet is)
So what does the dog do who has no previous 'pet passport'?

* A) the identification and B) vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)
All of which should be on the ahc?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The concern over and the cost of the AHC, coupled with the cost and palaver caused by Covid has put us off going. Ferry for Monday cancelled.

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
We’ve just got our ahc today for our little leo ready for our trip next week fingers crossed everything’s ok it looks a minefield
We will look through it but really we haven’t got a clue if it’s correct

OP
OP
DesandDek
May 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
I am not a vet but reading through the DEFRA guidance it appears a vaccination card for rabies vaccination and a certificate of identification for micro chip id are used but as I am not a vet this translation is only my interpretation of this official document, my advice is to see an experienced vet with prior knowledge.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Our vet just included a photo copy of the vaccination page from his previous pet passport.

OP
OP
DesandDek
May 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
Yes so did ours but he only attached the rabies page (page 8). A separate copy of the page 6 dog identification micro chip details must also be attached both signed and stamped to the AHC as pages 10 and 11.
I may add that there were many people in the queue who had the correct documentation so we are in that learning curve after Britexit
Good Luck

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
No page 11 and no proof of ID on the AHC that we have and left the uk with. Luckily no longer an issue for future visits.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Don't think ive ever had my pet passports checked when leaving the uk ... only ever been checked at Calais on the way home

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal

We followed all guidance and completed the forms with the vet but after a cost of £163;40 he got it wrong

The forms were all completed correctly and signed stamped correctly, an additional page of a copy of the dogs pet passport page of Rabies vaccine (page 8 of 32 in the Pet Passport) was attached signed and stamped as page 10.

What was missing?

* the identification and vaccination details (e.g. a copy of relevant sections of a vaccination card/pet passport)

Event though our dogs micro chip number was on all the documentation and they scanned her for the micro chip number and that was correct.

The silly thing is they the authorities say the Pet Passport is not acceptable (but copy signed by the vet is)?

So we rushed back to the Vets 50 miles missed the Ferry The vet has had to re do all and add a Page 11 to the new document.

We have now booked again for Sunday as there are no pet cabins left on Saturday's ferry.

Who voted for B******t not me
A majority is the answer!

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
The thing I find irritating is that after October we will have to go through the same if we want to visit friends in NI.
Why, oh yes SI is still in the EU and even though like the rest of the UK Ireland is rabies free and we would not be entering SI anyway we would still have to do it.
Bloody daft.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
According to the vet I used for the AHC the rabies jab details on the pet passport are still valid until it expires. You were so unlucky. Did you have the old passport with you.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
From my understanding of it now, is that it wasn’t proof of the rabies jab they wanted, it was proof of the microchip identification

OP
OP
DesandDek
May 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
According to the vet I used for the AHC the rabies jab details on the pet passport are still valid until it expires. You were so unlucky. Did you have the old passport with you.
Yes we had the old passport, we also contacted our vet and he would send a copy of the original paper but they would not accept that, we had the original MICR chip paperwork and they would not accept that only a copy attached and signed by a vet. I then tried all local vets and no one authorised was available and none had free appointment times. They stated that the pet passport is not a valid document as the UK is no longer a part of the EU and people in the UK should have thought of there pets when they voted? We tried everything possible.

Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
From my understanding of it now, is that it wasn’t proof of the rabies jab they wanted, it was proof of the microchip identification
Was it not proof that the rabies vaccination record was for the dog in question - ie a record of rabies vaccination associated with an ID chip number that matched the ID chip number in the dog?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Was it not proof that the rabies vaccination record was for the dog in question - ie a record of rabies vaccination associated with an ID chip number that matched the ID chip number in the dog?
It was for eurotunnel. We did not have page 11 (copy of identification) when we went.

Dec 30, 2019
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2020
Oh dear, sorry this happened to you OP. This is certainly not filling me with confidence for our trip to France mid September, particularly as we have booked the ferry from Portsmouth. It will be our pup’s first trip abroad so no previous pet passport. It used to be so easy to hop on the ferry and go but things are so complicated now.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It will be our pup’s first trip abroad so no previous pet passport.
so as I said you are't going to have a photocopy ,signed & stamped of pages 8 & 11 are you?
Don't think ive ever had my pet passports checked when leaving the uk ... only ever been checked at Calais on the way home

Neither have I . If I didn't tell them they'd never know

Dec 30, 2019
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2020
The thing I find irritating is that after October we will have to go through the same if we want to visit friends in NI.
Why, oh yes SI is still in the EU and even though like the rest of the UK Ireland is rabies free and we would not be entering SI anyway we would still have to do it.
Bloody daft.
Crazy that this is necessary for pet travel within our own United Kingdom. The Irish Sea border was the choice made by our government to secure the deal to leave the EU.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

What was missing?

We've just picked our Animal Health Cert up from the vet and find that she hasn't attached any certified copies of the passport. I've phoned her and I'm sure we'll be able to get things sorted out in time. However, if it wasn't for your post we would have been non the wiser... so, thank you very much for posting!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
It appears that vets aren't fully up to speed with things. I spoke with our vet again and she's happy to certify copies of the relevant pages of the passport but she knew nothing of the requirement for them to be attached to the AHC. Initially she thought I meant that she was to sign the pet passport. I wonder if it will become cheaper when vets become more familiar with the procedure?

Anyway I hope we've sorted everything now... fingers crossed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back