Dogs from Maroc entering Spain - Titre cert reqd or not ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
Hi all,currently near Malaga and thinking about a trip over to Maroc after the festive season . I read here some time ago that Spain was insisting on titre certs for dogs returning from there,,can anyone update this situation with authority please as I have had varying opinions from vets here. Also can anyone confirm that the ferry cost is the same for any length including trailers, this info from a German guy parked next to me just now. Thanks in advance.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I "Heard" it wasn't easy to get your pet back out from Morocco but have no experience personally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
OP
OP
Mike4727
Nov 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Thanks to all replies so far, armytwowheels can I ask how recently was your experiences, my two dogs have eu passports with current vaccinations for rabies and loads of other things but we do not have the separate titre certs as they have never been outside the eu yet, thx

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've never been asked for the dogs documents when leaving Morocco or entering from there to Spain. That's not to say, of course, that you don't have to bother with them; if you are checked it could turn out to be a real nightmare.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Not sure that you would get your dog back into UK without quarantine if the authorities knew it had been taken to Morocco. I think Morocco is outside the pet passport area, so there may still be a risk even if you get back into Spain. You might get away with just not telling them, I guess! Never tried, so may be wrong, but I would suggest making sure.

OP
OP
Mike4727
Nov 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Thanks Terry, I will check with local vet in Algeciras just to be safe, it may be we can get the test and cert issued there in short time if required as the dogs have up to date passports. Thanks Motorhomer but my dogs will not have any problems with UK as we will be returning eventually to our home in Bulgaria! On our last visit to UK the authorities at Calais tried to stop us sailing as our vet in BG had not put the expiry date of the Nobivac vaccine in the dogs passports, it took two hours and many calls to various parties to prove that the minimum period of vaccination is one year and the date of vaccination in the passports was 4 months previous!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks to all replies so far, armytwowheels can I ask how recently was your experiences, my two dogs have eu passports with current vaccinations for rabies and loads of other things but we do not have the separate titre certs as they have never been outside the eu yet, thx
Two years ago. You need to have the rabies jab checked I.e the titre count to prove that the vaccination has taken. You will get an additional stamp in the dogs passport, from memory this is page 8. If you follow the link I posted Canopus explains it very well.

On another note, I do wish people would not comment on things like this when they have no experience on the subject. The OP is asking for advice on a subject that has been well documented on here, with plenty of experienced folk that can help him.

There is no need for quarantine if you have the correct paperwork. As Terry has said you are unlikey to be asked to see anything relating to you dogs by the Spanish port authorities but it's not worth taking the risk. Get the blood test done soon as it can take a few weeks to get the results back. Also ask for a copy of whatever the lab sends to the vet and make sure the vet stamps the correct page in the passport, signs and dates it.

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I will check with local vet in Algeciras just to be safe, it may be we can get the test and cert issued there in short time if required as the dogs have up to date passports.
In my experience this took 6 weeks to turn around in the UK. No idea how long it will take in Spain.

OP
OP
Mike4727
Nov 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Thanks for that, it takes up to two months in Bulgaria, the nearest certified lab for us is in Germany, if I can get it turned round in one month here that will be ok, we will do some more sunbathing while we wait !

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for that, it takes up to two months in Bulgaria, the nearest certified lab for us is in Germany, if I can get it turned round in one month here that will be ok, we will do some more sunbathing while we wait !
Good job you asked and didn't leave it too late. If it's any consultaion, I did exactly the same thing and had a bit of a panic getting it done in time to leave the UK when we 1st went to Morocco in 2015. You will see from the 2015 thread that there was a few of us in a stew trying to get our heads around it all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back