Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Someone not so long ago asked about taking dog's considered as danger there.

Link Removed

Left-Hooker

Free Member
Aug 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5 Years
Twas me I think, so thanks very much for your input.

and..

No mention of a staffie there - so I might be OK.

If anyone else is interested the camping club add a rider to their information sheet which reads..

Please note: The Staffordshire bull terrier can be imported in to France, it is not classed as a dangerous dog.

Thanks again.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
It's Germany that doesn't allow Staffies.

"There is hatred of dogs (hundehass) in Germany. Following the tragic death of a child, in July 2000 the German authorities passed laws on dog control which affects all dog owners coming to or living in Germany. The laws have banned outright certain breeds of dog, which may not be brought into Germany. These banned breeds are: Bull Terriers, Pitbull Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers or crossbreeds from any of these named breeds. If you own one of these breeds and are coming here, you will not be able to bring your dog with you. If this affects you, and you have to leave your dog behind and cannot find someone to care for it, contact the RSPCA or PDSA (you will find their numbers in the phone book), and they will try to rehome your dog. "

Mind you I'm finding the Germans treat me like I have the plague when I'm out walking Yorkshire terriers :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back