Doggies to Norway! (1 Viewer)

katydee69

Free Member
Dec 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers NuevoEK
Hi, we are hoping we can get across to Norway 2021 and i'd love the advice of those more experienced, specifically in relation to travelling from Denmark to Norway with dogs.
Is there a ferry route that is preferable and do the dogs stay in the MH or am I completely clueless ;)

OP
OP
katydee69

katydee69

Free Member
Dec 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers NuevoEK
Thanks for that- I'd prefer to come back via Sweden so wondered about those ferry routes on the way out :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
katydee69

katydee69

Free Member
Dec 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers NuevoEK
Actually Jenka I can see what you've done and it look like it negates the need for the ferry :)

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Yes the bridge across to Sweden was expensive cant quite remember but a great experience. We then went from North cape into Finland down to Helsinki and a ferry to Tallinn.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We went via the Oresund Bridge and entered Norway east of Oslo at Charlottenburg. Given the dog checks had to be done in the previous 5 days we had her wormed in Denmark but like Jenka no checks were done at the border. In fact we stopped and wandered over to the border office and asked if they wanted to see the paperwork but there was no interest.

On the return journey we used the Kristiansand to Hirtshals ferry which was only a couple of hours from memory and the dog stayed in the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The Hirtsals Kristiansand ferry has 2 types of ship - ( and different ferry companies) One is more like 4 hours the other quicker as mentioned by Bailey58 .
Yes, we were on the Fjordline catamaran which cost us €260 one way for a 7.5m motorhome in 2018.

Edit: Re the Oresund Bridge it cost DKK 328 - £38, the cost for the Little Belt bridge, Fyn to Sjaelland was £35. Get yourself the Brobizz or Autopass for those and the Norway road tolls. Things have moved on since our trip and linking the the Autopassferry account gives reductions on . . . erm . . . many Norwegian ferries too. :giggle:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back