Dog worm tablet prescription rip off, saved a bit. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Not sure if this is of any use to anyone but always purchased worm tablets from vet.

During lockdown I enquired for the first time about the cost of the prescription to buy online (yes there are worm tablets that dont need a prescription). Not surprised to be told £18.

For my £18 they offered to email the prescription which was for 12 months supply.

Sent email to two online companies and purchased two yesrs supply for my £18 prescription.

Total cost is the same as buying one years supply would normally have cost direct from the vet.

Not sure if it would work with other regular prescriptions, assuming they will still email them after lockdown.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
You might need to check the use by date , I bought some from my vets enough for 2 years only to find both end date only 12 months from purchase

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
If sticking to 3 monthly, the last dose runs out about a month before due.

But yes, something to consider. Pretty sure the online companies would be able to tell you that up front.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We buy drontal plus online, around £1.69 per tablet from somewhere like www.animeddirect.co.uk, we buy 12 months worth at a time, we use these with the pet passport scheme. The dosage is 1 tablet pet 10 kgs body weight, tablets can be broken in half and are foil wrapped.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
I use Drontal plus get them from Petshop.co.uk and they arrive every 3 months without having to remember to order. Never had any worms in my dogs with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
yes I always get all the wormers online i.e panacur or drontal far cheaper than from vets ..its usually the Milbemax which is prescription only as some dogs can't tolerate it especially Collies .

Silvia

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back