LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That is an interesting point, has anyone asked the dog if it wants needles sticking in it week in week out.

Is the dog thinking "why are my owners doing this to me, what have I done wrong ?".

I need jabs from time to time..... I don't want it to happen (especially if I am not doing the jabs myself) but I know it is necessary if I am going to live. How a dog would know that I have no idea..... as you say an interesting point. Is it better to have a few moments of discomfort regularly for many years of active life or would it be better to say any discomfort is unacceptable?

Is the treatment to gift of God or Satan? (ie a good or bad thing? Without it the decision would be straightforward after all)

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
That is an interesting point, has anyone asked the dog if it wants needles sticking in it week in week out. the dog thinking "why are my owners doing this to me, what have I done wrong ?".

When we go to give our dog his injection he just tilts his head forward so he can have the needle in his neck then he runs off for a play as if nothing has happened.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The Tootles Code on Dealing With Heart Rending Pet Decisions.

" The dog has constantly shown his/her love to you. You have returned that love. When the price of love gets beyond the means of those who give that love, then make the ultimate sacrifice, because to do otherwise isn't for the dog, it's for yourself.":(:(

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The Tootles Code on Dealing With Heart Rending Pet Decisions.

" The dog has constantly shown his/her love to you. You have returned that love. When the price of love gets beyond the means of those who give that love, then make the ultimate sacrifice, because to do otherwise isn't for the dog, it's for yourself.":(:(

A good take imo Toots but I should like to think that thanks to the good hearted and knowledgeable members on here Calions dilemma has been eased if perhaps not sorted:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
A good take imo Toots but I should like to think that thanks to the good hearted and knowledgeable members on here Calions dilemma has been eased if perhaps not sorted:)
Quality of life, on both sides, BB. ;)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We had a little border terrier who lost the use of his back legs quite suddenly and an op wasn't advised, we opted for doggy wheels as I didn't think he was ready to go, maybe it was for us rather than him but he seemed to cope and chased dogs around lamp posts and loved going downhill. He coped for 6 months but the steroids made him put on a lot of weight and when he refused treats and his tail stopped wagging each morning we knew it was time for him to go.:(

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well come on - I've had over 70,000 insulin jabs since I was diagnosed and since they don't hurt - ie you can't fell the needle going in 999 times out of a thousand, equals approx. twice a year you can, why on earth would a dog make a fuss?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back