Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We discovered the true worth of dog tags this afternoon. Rosie had been playing with a Border Terrier and flying about as she usually does, when the terrier comes back without her. Getting dark now & there were miles of fields and woodland for her to dissapear into.
Whistling and calling had no effect and I made my way back to the car, vainly hoping that she had made her way back there. Nothing, not a sign :Eeek: I did a couple of laps of the "Walk" & warned a few people that I met that she was free in the wind. I eventually had to give up as it was now pitch black & I was soaked. I drove home to get changed & sort out a torch and was greeted by a small dog as I stepped into the house. She had retuirned to the car & had been seen dithering about beside the car by a guy who picked her up and using the details on the tag, returned her to Barbara - Thank you that man.
So next time out, rosie will be kept within eyesight and I will take my mobile phone with me :Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
looks like you owe someone a pint, glad you had a happy ending you must have been really worried i saw this sign on a campsite once

Lost
wife and
small black and white dog with one brown foot
answers to the name of trixie brown collar
much loved family pet we are all missing so much
Reward for the dog

Last edited:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Glad you have Rosie safe and sound, it must be quite frightening when they disappear especially in the dark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Hi Dick, so glad it turned out ok in the end, must have been worrying for you at the time.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
So next time out, rosie will be kept within eyesight and I will take my mobile phone with me :Smile:

How do you train a dog to use a mobile???:ROFLMAO:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
When we had calves that were prone to wandering we used to tie a fence post to a collar round their neck.

I just have visions of Rosie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad it all came good

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dogs names and phone number only on ours.

while you're out looking for pooch someone else has found her/him and is emptying your house as they know you're out searching.

call me overly cautious :Blush:

same with satnav.....HOME is town only.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Wish everyone would get for for their dog. Was putting our bin out a couple of weeks ago and found a dog wondering our street. Collar, but no tag. To cut a long story short spent the next 90 mins wandering the streets, before eventually finding the owner. The dog had gotten out of their back garden. :Doh:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
How do you train a dog to use a mobile???:ROFLMAO:
We use a PAYGo phone to stop her making too many personal calls & running up a big bill.

dogs names and phone number only on ours.

while you're out looking for pooch someone else has found her/him and is emptying your house as they know you're out searching.

call me overly cautious :Blush:

same with satnav.....HOME is town only.

Hi overly cautious :Smile: Barbara was still at home with the shotgun :Eeek:

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Glad Rosie is back home with you , you were lucky the chap that found her was a good samaritan and not one of those sleezbags phoning you with a ransom demand for her safe return .
All of my dogs are microchipped as collars can be removed so easily

Chris

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I can imagine how you felt .. our Mylo is a devil if he sees anything with fur or feathers.. the red mist comes down and he's off ...
He did get a fright one day when he went for a family of swans... :Eeek: he met his match, now he 's a bit more cautious .. :roflmto:
He has a metal tag with our phone number and a one supplied by the chipping service with an emergency phone number..
Glad Rosie is safe and sound .. :thumb:

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I think it was some horses that Rosie decided to investigate, or perhaps she was spooked by the 2 husky teams thundering past - I will never know :RollEyes:
This morning the walk was in an encolsed field and this afternoon she will be on a tight rein :Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dixon and Barbara, So pleased the story had a happy ending. Knowing how much you love her, I bet you were really out of your mind till you got home.

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Thanks Joy - it was a feeling of total frustration :RollEyes: Even with the tag & microchip you are not sure what to do next ? It's not as if it was local to where I live, it's about 4 miles away.
She is a bit subdued this morning, so perhaps it has given her a shock :Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
oH. Poor little Rosie. Give her a hug from Sasha and me please, and extra cuddles today. Bless her.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Gosh what a fright! On the reverse of Ellie's tag it says 'please scan me I'm microchipped'. I spoke to people at the park recently who said their cavvie was stolen from their front garden many years ago, never to be returned. Just shows.

Ivy

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Gosh what a fright! On the reverse of Ellie's tag it says 'please scan me I'm microchipped'. I spoke to people at the park recently who said their cavvie was stolen from their front garden many years ago, never to be returned. Just shows.

Ivy

Thanks for the reminder about the microchip tag. We put one on her collar today :Smile:

Rosie loves guinea pigs, but can't eat a whole one :RollEyes: (Sorry she loves all animals :Smile:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back