Dog related injury?!! Claim or not? (1 Viewer)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Whilst I am sorry you've had this injury - and hope it heals well - what evidence is there that the injury was caused by said dog?

Video footage, witnesses, that sort of thing?

Only I can't see that you've said there is any.

I'm not a judge, but if I were, how would the evidence lead me to conclude that there was any external cause?

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Oh boy what a lot of posts whilst I've been away with my foot up!

Thanks to those expressing some sympathy and constructive comments...you know who you are. As for some of the other comments, well perhaps best leave that one as I would not wish to be so insulting or inconsiderate.

Most of my working life has been in the Fire Service where we learn that there is no such thing as an 'accident'. Injury comes about due to circumstances where as a rule a person or persons are culpable.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am so sorry about your misfortune...

Rotten luck and I'd sue the dog owner if it were possible but sadly it isn't in this case.

In a lighter vein I would like to say that this horrid thing wouldn't have happened to me as I would have never been out of bed and out of the van at that time of day!

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No Graham I was referring to daisey mays incident. ...
OK Paul, read it wrong.

What if this dog was a stay? Or s cat? Maybe even a Fox?
Are the cc still responsible???

It was an accident......deal with it....

Your turn now, I said in my first post that it would be very difficult to show that the CC was negligent ::bigsmile:

But, in the OP case, accident or not the dog owner was negligent for breaking the CC rule about having his/her dog on a lead :Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
everyone knows Pugs cant run

Everyone knows Pugs cant run.:roflmto:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2RJN9a_jdM"]Loca the Pug singing......'The pug that couldn't run' - YouTube[/ame]

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Pug

You are about to view a number or pugs to see of you can identify one as the one you saw at the time of the incident. Remember that the pug concerned may, or may not be present on this parade.

Look at each in turn, view them all one at a time, take your time, if you wish I will ask them to turn to the left or the right. If you recognise a suspect indicate that suspect to me only if you are sure it is the pug you saw at the time of the incident. Do not touch the suspect or speak to him.

Now, when you are ready please proceed and if you do not recognise any of them you must say so.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
It does not need very much to snap an Achilles tendon and a very simple accident (either with or without a dog being involved) can do it. One friend had hers snapped when a small child backed into her leg - total accident - she had it in plaster for months and it did mend in time.

As the major tendon in your body it receives a lot of stress and strain with normal living. Its a bit like a hidden rope fraying away and sometimes it is just "an accident waiting to happen" and it may have snapped at some stage over the coming months. We hope you get better soon.

Kath and Howie

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
It does not need very much to snap an Achilles tendon and a very simple accident (either with or without a dog being involved) can do it. One friend had hers snapped when a small child backed into her leg - total accident - she had it in plaster for months and it did mend in time.

As the major tendon in your body it receives a lot of stress and strain with normal living. Its a bit like a hidden rope fraying away and sometimes it is just "an accident waiting to happen" and it may have snapped at some stage over the coming months. We hope you get better soon.

Kath and Howie

Maybe so, but had the dog not suddenly appeared from under my van I would have just continued to stand there watching the sunrise until the kettle had boiled and then gone inside for my first coffee of the day. I somehow doubt that would have resulted in a ruptured tendon. :RollEyes:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Maybe so, but had the dog not suddenly appeared from under my van I would have just continued to stand there watching the sunrise until the kettle had boiled and then gone inside for my first coffee of the day. I somehow doubt that would have resulted in a ruptured tendon. :RollEyes:

I think the point being made is that it could have happened the following day whilst you were out walking

Especially if you were spooked by a fly or something.

::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think the point being made is that it could have happened the following day whilst you were out walking

Especially if you were spooked by a fly or something.

::bigsmile:
There was of course a chance that the pooch was spooked by a third party before running out from under the van. :thumb: Some unruly Newfoundland perhaps. :winky:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
So far you have had a lot of opinions, some sympathy and a sprinling of barrack room law.

In reality to win against the CC you are going to have to show that they breached their contract with you, or were in some way negligent. To win against the of owners you are going to have to show that they were negligent in some way. And in both cases you will need to also link that breach or negligence to your injury. Without witnesses that is going to be difficult.

I think you are very unlikely to win against the CC unless you are able to show that they knew that dogs, and this one especially, were causing problems on the site and they did nothing about it. You may have a better case against the dog owners, but you need to understand that making a mistake is not the same as negligence. If the dog was not known to cause problems and if they are able to show that they took reasonable precautions then you may well have a difficult chance of winning.

By the way the rules on no win no fee have changed recently, making it more difficult for you.

Not the answers you want, but the answers you need I think. And I am sympathetic about your injury.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
OK here is the line up if you see any of these most wanted do not aproach they are dangerous

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have worked in breed rescue for a certain type of dog that the government were trying to add to the dangerous dogs act. because of this I have been on courses to teach law related to dogs and their implications. we have been in courts a few times defending dogs from destruction through no fault of theirs. we have also been called as expert witnesses to cases where dogs were deemed dangerously out of control. the law is very specific and the description provided by the OP in this and the other thread, if correct shows negligence of the dog owner lead to injury

[HI]just my qualified opinion[/HI]:thumb:
Told you so :winky:
So far you have had a lot of opinions, some sympathy and a sprinling of barrack room law.

In reality to win against the CC you are going to have to show that they breached their contract with you, or were in some way negligent. To win against the of owners you are going to have to show that they were negligent in some way. And in both cases you will need to also link that breach or negligence to your injury. Without witnesses that is going to be difficult.

I think you are very unlikely to win against the CC unless you are able to show that they knew that dogs, and this one especially, were causing problems on the site and they did nothing about it. You may have a better case against the dog owners, but you need to understand that making a mistake is not the same as negligence. If the dog was not known to cause problems and if they are able to show that they took reasonable precautions then you may well have a difficult chance of winning.

By the way the rules on no win no fee have changed recently, making it more difficult for you.

Not the answers you want, but the answers you need I think. And I am sympathetic about your injury.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
In the past i have read threads on here about cc rules being over the top and the people running the sites being little hitlers.This thread says it all really.They make all the rules to cover their backsides against people doing exactly what has been mentioned.A damn shame it is too.I personally think they do a great job with the up keep of the sites,some better than others.I reckon if someone is prepared to go down this route it would be hypercritical to frequent these places.How on earth can a warden be held responsible for a Pug dog startling someone causing injury? Its bloody hilarious.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
In the past i have read threads on here about cc rules being over the top and the people running the sites being little hitlers.This thread says it all really.They make all the rules to cover their backsides against people doing exactly what has been mentioned.A damn shame it is too.I personally think they do a great job with the up keep of the sites,some better than others.I reckon if someone is prepared to go down this route it would be hypercritical to frequent these places.How on earth can a warden be held responsible for a Pug dog startling someone causing injury? Its bloody hilarious.:ROFLMAO:

Don't be fooled by that pretty little pug dog face...behind that sweet little slobbering face lurks a killer, and I should know!

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
absolutely true...... I called my wife over to look at the hilarious pictures of pugs in this post ................laughing she turned to return to her seat tripped over a footstool broke her reading glasses an bumped her head Do I have a claim against this funny post or should she take more water with it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
absolutely true...... I called my wife over to look at the hilarious pictures of pugs in this post ................laughing she turned to return to her seat tripped over a footstool broke her reading glasses an bumped her head Do I have a claim against this funny post or should she take more water with it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Where there's blame there's a claim Mik...

I would suggest that your claim could be tackled in one of three ways...

1) claim against Jim for improper moderating that allowed these pics to appear. W all know there is a curse of the PUG..
Downside---- Jim might just go in to hiding, when you find him or if you find him you will be too old to take advantage of the millions of pounds in compo you are entitled too.

2) sue JHorsf.... However, unfortunately I don't think he has any money and would be forced to pay it to you aT £1 per week, I think it's likely he will be extinct by the time you get more than 20 back...

3) sue the Internet, this is complicated and could result in a long drawn out process whereby you could lose everything you own, including your wife.

Of course this is my qualified expert opinion.... Should you need any help I will take your case on for you...

Remember, slips trips or falls, call paul

haggers
MHF Dog law claim expert PHD Dip Pug law

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Some more bad dogs

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
To the right horrible Haggernut, err, that's not right... To the Right Honourable Haggnut.... No still not right... To Hon Hag. ( that will do)
Can I sue Hymer for not fitting a sensor switch to my motorhome so it can tell when I approach under the influence and change that stupid little step for one twice the size and coated in lovely soft impact foam so a) cannot slip off said step and bruise bum, and b) cannot slip foot between step and motorhome and then fall over backwards, ouch! :cry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
there is always 2 sides to a story.....i'd like to hear the pug's

To be honest he only incriminates himself
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvsxcj0fw0c"]Really cute, funny talking pug - YouTube[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back