tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If you could give me your address I will make sure I put some in your bin next time I pass. I don't have a dog so you will have to make do with some other poo instead ........................... :D2
If you were desperate I could fit a seat :D. As I said I have never dumped dog poo in anyones bin. I just wondered why people feel strongly about it.

OP
OP
tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It hack's me right off when it happens, we like lots of folk use a wheelie bin to stop foxes ripping the black bags open & spreading the contents every where, but our council wont take black bags from the bins so we have to take the bags out in the morning on collection day, lifting bags of dog shit out ain't my idea of fun first thing, "That's not my dog's shit" Thank you Peter Sellers :p
Never thought of that. Councils do some strange things - preferring to carry bags to the truck rather than it having a wheelie bin lift is rather odd. But then our lot use a bin-lifting truck for non recyclable waste, and a similar truck for garden waste. However they have an entirely different vehicle to collect plastic and cans (they provide us with a re-useable bag with Velcro closures & handles for that), glass (a large plastic lidded box), and paper / cardboard (another large lidded plastic box). All carried individually to the vehicle and emptied manually.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Useless fact of the day, a quick calculation says I've picked up 4,380+ dog poops in the last six years... :eek:
Multiply that by the number of MF members that have dogs and that is an awful lot of Poop's and a dreadful amount of plastic bags!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
B9321A9A-1458-4E50-B112-B7365D879178.jpeg
584494A1-3F2D-4455-A349-B7A33CF72434.jpeg
77DD0A27-477E-4198-A905-F6FE804530B4.jpeg
584494A1-3F2D-4455-A349-B7A33CF72434.jpeg
B9321A9A-1458-4E50-B112-B7365D879178.jpeg
Don’t you just hate it when you take a pocket full of poo bags when walking the dogs and for some reason they decide to have an en masses poop fest, quickly running through your supply so you are forced to walk home like a Christmas tree the decorations being bulging poop bags. Ditch the dogs to scurry back with more supplies! Hoping to remenber where the dumped load is! Bloody dogs! Who would have them!

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Never thought of that. Councils do some strange things - preferring to carry bags to the truck rather than it having a wheelie bin lift is rather odd. But then our lot use a bin-lifting truck for non recyclable waste, and a similar truck for garden waste. However they have an entirely different vehicle to collect plastic and cans (they provide us with a re-useable bag with Velcro closures & handles for that), glass (a large plastic lidded box), and paper / cardboard (another large lidded plastic box). All carried individually to the vehicle and emptied manually.

That's the problem, every blooming council uses different receptacles for different things. I wouldn't dare put my dog's poop bag in a household bin of any description when away from home as I wouldn't know what colour/type of bin to look for in another area. If Reg poops after we've walked past the poo bin half way up my street then the bag goes in my green bin outside the house - because our green wheelie bins are general waste. I wouldn't dare risk a green bin in any other place in case it really was the "green" bin. For the record, our "green" bins for compost are actually brown wheelie bins.

Another thing - I don't get why they are thinking of giving me a food waste bin - I have one already, it's furry and got 4 legs. Maybe they should give me a dog poo bin of my own instead?

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
We went through a phase where every two or three days for a few weeks I found a pooh bag perched on our front wall

I resolved the situation by putting a polite notice on the wall
"please do not leave your pooh bag here thanks"

"Because if I find out who they belong to I will post them through your letter box"

non since

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Read somewhere that there are 4 million dogs in the UK. How many plastic bags in a year. Problem with plastic in the world!!!!

Oct 14, 2018
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion ongoing
Exp
Newbie but have camped and caravanned all of my life
More and more dog poo bags are now biodegradable and I will only use these. I think that this should be compulsory, as people have said, how many poo bags get used each day by responsible dog owners?!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back