Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I am and saw this today and it buckled me.
I’ve had some good friends over the years.
1596995140524.png

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
As much as our old muttly is a pain some times he is one of us and has been since we inherited him from the rescue centre. The other two dogs we rescued may be long gone but they wil never be forgotten.
The present one is not the sharpest knife in the box compared to the others but he knew when our son was about to have an epileptic fit.
He is having problems with his legs, hearing and site now and I dread to think that it may be that age is catching up with him. I have some of the same problems as him so I feel sorry for him. Don’t take me to the vets please.

ladyofthelakes

Free Member
Jul 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus 670
Exp
I’m a newbie
My two are such a huge part of my life and they come to work with me each day and that post has really hit me as sadly we got the news yesterday that our big boy Bear has cancer and might not get to come with us on our first MH trip in 18 days.
Tough when they leave us, they take a little bit of your heart over that bridge when they go. 😥

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’ve only ever had one dog in my life. She has increasingly depreciating health, but still is a critical component of my life! I dread the near term decisions I shall have to take!

I’m also resolute that I shall never have another dog, she’s irreplaceable!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Three weeks since we lost our beloved Lily, had ten years with her travelling all over Europe, a better companion we cold not have had. I must be a bad person, I weep at the the thought of loosing her but didn't when I lost my parents.
IMG_3385.jpeg

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I’ve only ever had one dog in my life. She has increasingly depreciating health, but still is a critical component of my life! I dread the near term decisions I shall have to take!

I’m also resolute that I shall never have another dog, she’s irreplaceable!!
Each and every dog I have lost has been irreplaceable. The next one still comes offering undieing love and a whole new character to bring me untold joy and companionship.
I couldn't/wouldn't want to live without a dog.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
This brought tears, we often talk about pets of the past and there have been more than I can count.
For us they are never really gone, we often say that they would be with us when we are going somewhere or doing something they would enjoy.
Pictured are our beautiful bunch......we love them so much and I think they love us back.
IMG-20200808-WA0003.jpg
20200704_154125.jpg
20200725_162742.jpg
20200731_103105.jpg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
This little man is soon to be 13 yrs old, he has lost his hearing and stumbles and limps now and again.
A bit like me really....

he is absolutely dedicated to my wife, and a big big mate of mine. I dread the day that is on the horizon. May it not come too soon.
IMG_20190516_140615.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have been a dog owner, John is not a fan, he is very wary of most dogs and has no idea why, have talked about getting one a few times, but it is difficult to take one on a motorbike, and unfair to leave one for long periods, so it'll need to wait till we stop travelling then get one as decrepid as we are.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Brenda has suggested we have a break when the current three go to the bridge. I asked her where she intends to live during this break from having dogs, because it wont be with me

There are always so many deserving dogs in rescue desperate for love and attention. I know my previous dogs and current ones would all want me to respect their memory by homing another. They are in no way replacing the lost dog, they are an addition to our family and are told about all the dogs we have shared our lives with. I love them all

AnnB

Free Member
May 29, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2002
Thank you. Yes, she has to be groomed daily although she's recently had a haircut in the hot weather.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
This brought tears, we often talk about pets of the past and there have been more than I can count.
For us they are never really gone, we often say that they would be with us when we are going somewhere or doing something they would enjoy.
Pictured are our beautiful bunch......we love them so much and I think they love us back.

Obviously house dogs, never allowed out to have fun or run through the woods with coats in that condition.

(and yes I know.....)😄😄👍
View attachment 415791View attachment 415792View attachment 415793View attachment 415794

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Each and every dog I have lost has been irreplaceable. The next one still comes offering undieing love and a whole new character to bring me untold joy and companionship.
I couldn't/wouldn't want to live without a dog.
I totally agree with you. I find it hard to understand how someone would never want that love and companionship plus fun that each one gives. My special one is 9 yrs old now. Various lumps appearing and I will be devasted when I lose him but I will certainly be getting yet another. Definitely another poodle maybe a little smaller this time but still a standard. I don't care how old I get I will always have 2 dogs. Preferably 5 yrs apart so when you ,lose one you still have the other to keep you going and pass on their traites to the next puppy. A new puppy frequently invigorates the old dog and they live for a few more years with their new little pal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back