Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
It's not a 'dog' thing, it's a 'people' thing.
People are either considerate of others, or they are not.
It's no different from playing your music too loud or dumping your grey waste all over the road.
No use trying to reason with them because they can't see any wrong in their actions.
Simply get on with life and try not to get too upset about it - they're not worth the hassle

You're right Robert; but......... we've been away to Snowdonia and Whitby in the last few weeks; beautiful scenery and weather, really nice sites and plenty to do.......including dodging the dog shit on the lanes around the sites, and trying to avoid being caught between dogs (on retractable leads usually) that were having "issues" on the streets of Llanberis and Whitby. On the Snowdon site there was a notice in the showerblock asking dog owners to behave, as they had had complaints from people living on the lane adjacent.
I object to treading in the stuff, and transferring it to pubs, shops and my van, and it is just one more thing that we have to deal with in an otherwise nice bunch of people. We are now seriously looking out for "no-dog" sites, in fact we'd rather have kids than dogs next door,
regards
alan b

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
On one of the shows this year one dog preferred to do it under cover in the marquee before we could start cooking bacon butties sunday morning we had to clean it up and cover the spots with napkins. Does this lead to the point that dogs should be not not be in the marquee.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On one of the shows this year one dog preferred to do it under cover in the marquee before we could start cooking bacon butties sunday morning we had to clean it up and cover the spots with napkins. Does this lead to the point that dogs should be not not be in the marquee.
That's actually a good point from my perspective Dave. Dogs in marquees should be properly controlled by their owners, which would prevent fouling and other potential problems.

Most owners control their dogs in marquees but a minority allow them to wander such that they rub up against or jump up at other people. Given my allergy to furry animals I don't want dogs jumping up at me or dog hairs all over my clothes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back