Dog bike trailer recommend. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Now that I have dusted off the old Muddy Fox.

Any recommendations please, 2 dogs one small one medium, around 21kgish in total weight.

Any used ones you want to sell?

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Don’t know of any for sale but can recommend The Burley Tail Wagon.. our dog is a large Border Collie 23kg so your’s should fit in fine. It’s well made and easy to tow - also comes with a ‘pram’ handle if needed.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Don’t know of any for sale but can recommend The Burley Tail Wagon.. our dog is a large Border Collie 23kg so your’s should fit in fine. It’s well made and easy to tow - also comes with a ‘pram’ handle if needed.

Thanks, do the wheels come off easily and does it fold for storage in the motorhome garage?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
The wheels come off easily but I don’t know about the folding element of it.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We like our Croozer dog trailer. All aluminium frame with a plastic base for easy cleaning. We have 2 x 20kgs dogs in ours, it's a squeeze though.

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
I have a medium and large Doggy Hut trailers. The medium is orange and is tatty, £25. The large is red is in very good condition that also comes with a detachable third wheel and a handle so you can also use it as a stroller, £50. The wheels come off and the trailers fold flat without the use of tools. I am on the Isle of Wight.

Vic

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have a medium and large Doggy Hut trailers. The medium is orange and is tatty, £25. The large is red is in very good condition that also comes with a detachable third wheel and a handle so you can also use it as a stroller, £50. The wheels come off and the trailers fold flat without the use of tools. I am on the Isle of Wight.

Vic

Thanks, have you any pics please of the large one, are the wheels quick release, am interested in it.

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Caroline,

Yes, the wheels come off, they are held on by sprung pins. I will post pics tomorrow.

Vic

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
We used a Doggy Hut trailer until recently. We then discovered the Halfords Child trailer is not only cheaper at £85.00 or much less if you find a used one. But also a lot lighter 13kg versus 9kg. A little bit of simple modification to the base with an old cushion and a piece of hard board and job done.
We will be using both trailers for our two dogs next week at Ferry Meadows so can do a comparison on which one tows the best.

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
If it’s not too late I spent a lot of research for our 2 x terriers. This solution is not cheap but I have been really pleased with the quality of the following items both available from amazon. Mool pet carrier (foldable) 70x52x52 @£32 that then sits on top of the Burley flat bed trailer @ £220
To give extra support for the fabric floor of the burley trailer I fitted 4 x Benristraps hook and loop 25mm x 50cm @2.15 each. Having the flatbed is really useful for carrying chairs and stuff for the beach and for shopping. With an electric bike you can go up a mountain with this and not feel any weight at all. Ps there was ample room had one of our dogs been medium size
Hope that might help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back