Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
After 6 years being dogless ( too painful to get another after saying goodbye to our 12 yr old GSD) we decided whilst away for the winter that the time was right to get another.
What convinced us was our daughter getting a Golden retriever, which weve looked after several times and meeting up with a couple that has a Labradoodle and spending time with them and taking her out.
So after much discussion we decided on a Labradoodle. Why. Because they are not too big, but big enough to be a proper dog ( apologies to all smaller dog owners) either dont shed or very little. Good temperment. Easy to train. And most important would fit in with our lifestyle.
So on returning we picked up a lovely Golden coloured Labradoodle puppy on 17th March.
So far she has been brilliant. Toilet trained within 10 days of having her. Goes overnight without crying or waking virtually from day 1. Loves people and other dogs. Sits at the kerb before crossing the road. Is calm and is not bothered in the car. We have never had a dog that has picked all this up so quickly.
Having seen how others cope with their dogs overwintering on rallies for the last 2 years, they are not that great a hinderance. In fact if people get stuck, others have proved to be more than willing to watch the dog for a couple of hours ( providing its sociable!).
I think for what they give you back, love,companionship, exercise, social i.e. meeting and talking to others, the few times they hinder you is a small price to pay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back