Does your key unlock the sliding door when manually turned in the driver's door? (1 Viewer)

Damian

Free Member
Sep 2, 2018
UK / NZ
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600SPB
Exp
New
I've just tried unlocking my 2019 Ducato PVC manually [edit: by turning it in the driver's door] and it only unlocks the passenger and driver's door. This is a problem as I've fitted internal Thule cab locks as well as external sliding door and rear door locks and if I ever lose my main key or the battery goes flat [edit: key fob battery] I won't be able to get into the van with my spare keys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Damian

Damian

Free Member
Sep 2, 2018
UK / NZ
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600SPB
Exp
New
My 2019 Ducato key fob locks all from a centre key fob button but unlocking is separate for the cab and the rear/sliding doors.
Yeah mine too. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm interested in the manual key turn unlocking from the driver's door and whether it unlocks all doors on other, similar models.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have just checked ours, same make and model . The manual key locks everything but as you say, only unlocks the front doors, not the slide or rear doors.
Hope you like yours as much as we like ours, love the colour too.
Phil

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Mines the same. The only way in if you can't get in the front is through the rear doors which do take a key. Although I haven't tried this, it might unlock the side door, but probably doesn't! :)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
It should only unlock the cab doors with the key from the driver's door lock by design. It's so that thieves can't nip in the back of a goods van when the driver is entering or exiting the cab. Same reason that unlocking is split between cab doors or rear and side doors using the remote fob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Damian

Damian

Free Member
Sep 2, 2018
UK / NZ
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600SPB
Exp
New
Thanks for the replies folks. I guess the solution to my Thule interior cab locks and exterior habitation locks in the event of losing the main key fob would be to get a second remote fob, sacrifice a plastic window or not use one of the cab locks ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back