Does washing it make it more likely to pass MOT? (1 Viewer)

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I bought my 1986 Mitsubishi L300 Pioneer motorhome from ebay, sight unseen about a year ago. MOT expires 4th August and I wasn't hopeful.

So before I took it in this morning I gave it a bloomin good clean (first time in a year!) and emptied all the detritus out of the cab, polished the dash and pumped up the tyres.

I felt like my child had gone into hospital waiting to hear the outcome and they have just rung to say my vehicle is ready to collect, bill is £55.

No failures, no work needed, not sure if any advisories yet as I haven't picked it up.

I am so excited, feels like getting a new one! So pleased that I have booked it in for a cam belt, I was putting it off in case the van was scrap.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 24

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
although the cleanliness of a vehicle put in for an mot should not make a difference other than with lights and number plates etc, I have always made sure my vehicle is clean before taking it in. Psychologically a clean vehicle says somebody takes good care of it so the tester feels more comfortable passing it and is less inclined to search for a fail

OP
OP
B

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
although the cleanliness of a vehicle put in for an mot should not make a difference other than with lights and number plates etc, I have always made sure my vehicle is clean before taking it in. Psychologically a clean vehicle says somebody takes good care of it so the tester feels more comfortable passing it and is less inclined to search for a fail

That was exactly my thought, if he feels like I have maintained it well then he'll be looking for a pass rather than looking for a fail to keep it off the road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back