Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Or am I about to blow up my build!

I've got all the main cables in up to the fuse distribution unit, now starting on the feeding supply side of things and I'm looking for reassurance/guidance, is it ok to wire up a solar controller and mains battery charger to feed the battery at the same time?

Untitled Diagram.jpg

Cheers in advance.

<M>

Deleted User
I have added a fuse close to each battery output and separate wiring for each battery to the circuit breaker. If one of the batteries fails then you can isolate it by removing the fuse and still have the other battery connected.

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
I have added a fuse close to each battery output and separate wiring for each battery to the circuit breaker. If one of the batteries fails then you can isolate it by removing the fuse and still have the other battery connected.
Good Idea, I like the belt and braces approach :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
All the negatives, including those from the chargers, should go through the shunt, not direct to the battery. There should be only two leads on the right hand battery negative terminal, one to the left hand battery and the other to the shunt. Otherwise the BM will not be able to measure amps in and so would be useless as to telling you what your charge level is.

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
All the negatives, including those from the chargers, should go through the shunt, not direct to the battery. There should be only two leads on the right hand battery negative terminal, one to the left hand battery and the other to the shunt. Otherwise the BM will not be able to measure amps in and so would be useless as to telling you what your charge level is.
That makes sense, thanks for your advice, I have amended my diagram, the BMV was a luxury that I convinced my wife we needed so it needs to read right, so I can show her how invaluable it is (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back