Does this go on in your house? (1 Viewer)

Bill123

Free Member
Jul 7, 2011
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Lancashire
Exp
New to it all!
Imagine the scene. We're watching the Caravan Channel - I know, but we did actually learn something last week!! The guy is talking about taps, and what to do when its to avoid frost damage. Mr Bill looks at me. "Did you do that?" he says. I shake my head and tell him he'd better nip out there and attend to it.

He looks at me again. "Did you drain the water heater?" he asks. Obviously I hadn't. "How do you do that?", he says. I say I don't know, and that he'd better bring the books back in with him. Mr Bill gets up, gets the keys and goes outside. There's a bit of banging about, and he comes back clutching the manuals which are in a folder.

He opens the folder flap and looks at it. "Where's the heater manual" he says. In there somewhere. "Which one is it? he says. Probably the one with the word HEATER on the front. There follows 2 seconds of rummaging. "It's not here", he says. I tell him it is. More rummaging. Eventually I elbow him out of the way and find the right book.

He looks at the front cover. "How do you drain it?", he says. I tell him, for the fifth time, that I don't know. He finds the right page, and quotes bits of the relevant section at me. "It says open the drain valve, where is the drain valve?" I tell him I don't know. He asks me again. I vaguely remember seeing a valve under one of the bench seats, so offer this as a possibility. "Are you sure?" he says. We duly troop out to the motorhome.

He waits whilst I turn on the lights, etc, then points at one of the seats. "Under there - are you sure?" I tell him that as far as I know, there isn't anywhere else it could be. There is some rearranging of the cushions and he lifts the seat base. We peer underneath, me making a mental note of how much extra storage space we suddenly had as Mr Bill had told me it was full when it clearly isn't. I say, that must be it. "That can't be right", he says. I tell him it's a water pipe because it's blue, and there is a lever switch on it, and there isn't anything else like it anywhere in the whole van, so that must be it. He scratches his head "are you sure". I tell him to just lift the bloody switch.

He does, and there is the sound of running water. There you go, I say. "Ah", he says, "how do you fill it up again?" I make a mental note to do that when he's out at work.

It's a good job Mrs Bill is technically minded (and she can empty toilets!!)

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
some men huuuuh oh well at least you did it:thumb::thumb: no damage i hope as to fix it is megga money ??? did you open the taps ??? :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Sounds familiar:thumb:..............we spend more time looking for the necessary books, paperwork or tools that the job would take to complete:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What is it exactly about Manuals and Instructions that the male of the human species find so difficult to grasp? Yes, I do realise that the old instructions for MFI flatpacks were less than comprehensive but you know, that was a long time ago and they've always had to be a bit more helpful where electrickery etc were involved.

We have a scanner. It's been plumbed in with the puter ever since we had the puter, which then blew up so we replaced it. 12 months + ago. But just the other day we needed to use the scanner; it religiously turns itself on automatically on start-up. So why won't it work? Did you ever run the CD in this one, dear, to install the software for it? ......... 5 minutes later we have lift-off .... :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Simples really..
We have the attention span of goldfish...........

Reading the manual is boring..

SOOO much better to fiddle about and revert to the book of words if it cannot be physically sussed out..

I am no psychologist but reckon it harks back to cavemen.. We do things with our hands... as in physical stuff.

That is why I am always suspect of the sexual leanings of male scholars :winky: A bit too close to their female side if you ask me ! :ROFLMAO:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
mmhh

Hang on a mo here... Fair's fair...

He did lift the lever didn't he?

I say "Well done that man"...

JJ :Cool:

Which of course spawns the question..

How many men does it take to lift a lever?

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
There's something missing here.

Every self respecting man knows that instruction books are for wimps. Especially if they are for enything hi-tec.

Far more manly to spend hours pressing random buttons to see what they do.:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
This is exactly what happens in our house. Also, we now get the eternal questions.

Him "Where have you been?"
Me "Shopping"
Him "Shopping?"
Me "Yes, for sausages" (could be anything)
Him "Sausages?"
Me "Yes, for dinner".
Him "Dinner?".

It's driving me maaaaaaaad. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This is exactly what happens in our house. Also, we now get the eternal questions.

Me "Shopping"
Him "Shopping?"
Him "Sausages?"
Me "Yes, for dinner".
Him "Dinner?".

Ivy

"mad ?" ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Me "Shopping"
Him "Shopping?"
Him "Sausages?"
Me "Yes, for dinner".
Him "Dinner?".

Ivy
Driving? :roflmto:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Every body knows that you don`t read instructions til all else fails, last resort:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
images
:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back